Skype "Call failed", in windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype "Call failed", in windows 8

Hi All, got a new lap top with Windows 8 and first thing i want to check is Skype,

after signing in as usual tried the echo test and got "call failed"

Also none of my contact are with my account, not sure what that is or how do I trouble shoot this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
larry67
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (5,899 Views)

Re: Skype "Call failed", in windows 8

I have the exact same problem.
0 Kudos
AaronBurn
Novel Tourist
Message 2 of 5 (5,871 Views)

I have the same problem here.  I upgraded to Win 8 and skype sets up great all of my contacts are there.  I can chat but when I call or someone calls me, as soon as the other party picks up it says call failed. Just like with the sound test.

0 Kudos
Tikilal
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 5 (5,854 Views)

Ok I got my to partially work.  There is this thing called "troubleshooter" from Microsoft.  Here is the link.  http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

I ran it and it fixed some settings.  I restarted and the calls went through. Hope this helps you.

Tikilal
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 5 (5,787 Views)

larry67 wrote:

Hi All, got a new lap top with Windows 8 and first thing i want to check is Skype,

after signing in as usual tried the echo test and got "call failed"

Also none of my contact are with my account, not sure what that is or how do I trouble shoot this?

Thanks

0 Kudos
ketanpatel221
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 5 (2,196 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling