Skype not connecting in windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Reply

Skype not connecting in windows 8

Skype cannot connect to the internet in Windows 8. I just bought this computer and it had Skype already loaded on it. It will not connect to the internet. I tried to uninstall it and reinstall it and window 8 will not install skype again. Any suggestions?

ccscottsr
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Posts: 2
Registered: 12-02-2012
Message 1 of 16 (13,159 Views)

Re: Skype not connecting in windows 8

Please answer all of the following questions in your very next reply:

Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
Did a Free-trial antivirus come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it?
Do you have any other p2p (µTorrent, BiTtorrent, Team Viewer) software installed on the computer?
Which version of Skype do you use?
Do you have Hamachi LogMeIn installed?
What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6069
Posts: 32360
Registered: 27-09-2011
Message 2 of 16 (13,156 Views)

Re: Skype not connecting in windows 8

Well, I am having the same problem. I do have Hamachi Log Me In installed... How would you fix this problem?

0 Kudos
Camake
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Posts: 1
Registered: 25-03-2013
Message 3 of 16 (12,887 Views)

Re: Skype not connecting in windows 8

[ Edited ]

Camake wrote:

Well, I am having the same problem. I do have Hamachi Log Me In installed... How would you fix this problem?



I have found that as you have LogMeIn Hamachi installed you need to disable the Hamachi network adapter in order to get skype to work.

Obviously once you have finished using Skype you can then re-enable the Hamachi network adapter to keep using your VPN.

skypeHamachi.png

 

Josh

JoshHudson
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Posts: 1
Registered: 18-04-2013
Message 4 of 16 (12,434 Views)

Re: Skype not connecting in windows 8

Hey,

 

My skype did not do it and now again so really thank you because now I do not have on my mobile to Skype so REALLY thanks

0 Kudos
TjalleW
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Posts: 1
Registered: 15-05-2013
Message 5 of 16 (11,791 Views)

Re: Skype not connecting in windows 8

Well why da hell i need this fish crap in order for skype to work?

I used to have windows 8 with skype for a couple of months now and did not have any problem whatsoever (used older version of skype) Now it updated to skype for 8 and guess what? Not functioning, error connecting. How did they manage to screw this up? Is there a patch available or something? Is there a simple fix available? I just dont have time for ellaborate fix.

0 Kudos
myxomop78
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Posts: 3
Registered: 23-04-2012
Message 6 of 16 (8,166 Views)

Re: Skype not connecting in windows 8


myxomop78 wrote:

Well why da hell i need this fish crap in order for skype to work?

I used to have windows 8 with skype for a couple of months now and did not have any problem whatsoever (used older version of skype) Now it updated to skype for 8 and guess what? Not functioning, error connecting. How did they manage to screw this up? Is there a patch available or something? Is there a simple fix available? I just dont have time for ellaborate fix.


Have you tried to install the desktop version? You can install the currently latest Skype 6.11.0.102 desktop version using this msi-installer:

 

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.11.0.102.msi

0 Kudos
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6303
Posts: 45647
Registered: 27-06-2011
Message 7 of 16 (8,145 Views)

Re: Skype not connecting in windows 8

I  had skype for years and forgot my password.  Didn't see password reset so I created a new account with my new email address and a new skype name.  I can get onto my new skype account but see no link to start video call.  I have unistalled and reinstalled several times but skype keeps loading to my desktop the old skype window and name and then doesn't recognize my attempts to video call some of my contacts.  I am obviously not tech savy but I want to skype my daughter and can't at all.  Help

0 Kudos
mamashed
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Posts: 1
Registered: 27-11-2013
Message 8 of 16 (8,137 Views)

Re: Skype not connecting in windows 8


mamashed wrote:

I  had skype for years and forgot my password.  Didn't see password reset so I created a new account with my new email address and a new skype name.  I can get onto my new skype account but see no link to start video call.  I have unistalled and reinstalled several times but skype keeps loading to my desktop the old skype window and name and then doesn't recognize my attempts to video call some of my contacts.  I am obviously not tech savy but I want to skype my daughter and can't at all.  Help


What is the version of your currently installed Skype program? In Skype go to Help -> About Skype.

0 Kudos
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6303
Posts: 45647
Registered: 27-06-2011
Message 9 of 16 (8,134 Views)

Re: Skype not connecting in windows 8

[ Edited ]

I have downloaded desktop version 6.11.0.102. The installation takes a very long time. Then when try to sign it also goes for a very long time. In the end it gives me a msg something like "error, cant connect"

Problem still persists. The problem is that i use skype for work. Conferencing and screen share are essential.

Looks like im going to downgrade to windows 7 and skype 5... As windows 8 skype is a huge problem

myxomop78
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Posts: 3
Registered: 23-04-2012
Message 10 of 16 (8,125 Views)
Reply

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling