Skype isn't loading with Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Skype isn't loading with Windows 8

Hi there,

When I try to access Skype it just stays on the loading screen and nothing happens. I have tried uninstallling it, but this did not fix the problem. Any help would be muchly appreciated.

Thanks

Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Please test with Skype desktop client

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Signin to Skype client with your microsoft account.

View solution in original post
georgehages
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 30 (5,982 Views)

Re: Skype isn't loading with Windows 8

Please run this apps troubleshooter.

http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/2/4/F24D0C03-4181-4E5B-A23B-5C3A6B5974E3/apps.diagcab

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6096
Message 2 of 30 (5,979 Views)

Unfortunately, this didn't work. I followed the instructions to restart after the troubleshooter had finished but it is still stuck on the loading screen.

0 Kudos
georgehages
Routine Adventurer
Message 3 of 30 (5,975 Views)

Did you receive any error code / messages?
Were you able to use Skype without any issues earlier?
What’s the recent change that you made to your computer after which this issue has started to occur?
Do you have any security software installed on the computer?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 30 (5,971 Views)

No error code.

And when I first logged in I could use it. Then I logged out and it got stuck on the loading screen.

I only recently got this computer. So no changes have been made.

Yes I have Norton installed

georgehages
Routine Adventurer
Message 5 of 30 (5,968 Views)

Which version of Norton? NIS? NAV? 360? SEPM?

Regards,
Tamim

0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 30 (5,966 Views)

NIS.

0 Kudos
georgehages
Routine Adventurer
Message 7 of 30 (5,964 Views)

Please add/allow WindowsApps folder to norton internet security

From main page of NIS, Settings

nismain.PNG

AntiVirus and SONAR Exclusions >> Items to Exclude from Scans >> Configure [+] >> Scan Exclusions >> Add >> Locate WindowsApps folder under Program Files >> Check Include Subfolders >> OK.

AntiVirus and SONAR Exclusions >>Items to Exclude from Auto-Protect and SONAR >> Configure [+] >> Scan Exclusions >> Add >> Locate WindowsApps folder under Program Files >> Check Include Subfolders >> OK.

navconfig.PNG

nisexclusions.PNG

In the Settings window, click OK (Save settings).

Regards,
Tamim

0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 30 (5,959 Views)

It is still not loading. Just stuck on the loading screen.

0 Kudos
georgehages
Routine Adventurer
Message 9 of 30 (5,952 Views)

Please make sure NIS is not blocking Skype.

Regards,
Tamim

0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 10 of 30 (5,948 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling