Skype App Crashes in Modern UI

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Skype App Crashes in Modern UI

I've had skype up and running on windows 8 (modern version) until a recent skype update caused skype to start crashing on its boot up process. I've tried uninstalling through Windows 8 Modern UI and reinstalling other new versions in the store and still have had no luck. Anyone have any advice as to the cause of such a crash?

My boot error is as follows:

Spoiler

App <App> crashed with an unhandled Javascript exception. App details are as follows: Display Name:<Skype>, AppUserModelId: <Microsoft.SkypeApp_kzf8qxf38zg5c!App> Package Identity:<Microsoft.SkypeApp_1.6.0.114_x86__kzf8qxf38zg5c> PID:<6204>. The details of the JavaScript exception are as follows Exception Name:<WinRT error>, Description:<Unspecified error
>, HTML Document Path:</default.html>, Source File Name:<ms-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html>, Source Line Number:<199>, Source Column Number:<5>, and Stack Trace: ms-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html:199:5 rethrowPromiseError()
ms-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html:1:172 WinRT Promise.done()()
ms-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html:1:99 Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperation`1<Windows.Storage.StorageFile>()

StackTracems-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html:199:5 rethrowPromiseError() ms-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html:1:172 WinRT Promise.done()() ms-appx://microsoft.skypeapp/default.html:1:99 Windows.Foundation.IAsyncOperation`1<Windows.Storage.StorageFile>() 

Thanks!

(p.s. desktop version of skype works fine)

0 Kudos
HereIStand
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (643 Views)

Re: Skype App Crashes in Modern UI

Hi,

Can you please follow these instructions https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12223/how-do-i-create-a-log-file-for-skype-for-windows-8 and give us the logfile please?

Thanks in advance. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 209
Message 2 of 4 (596 Views)

I have been having the exact same problems. I do not know how to fix and I have even "Refreshed" my PC and lost all of my programs. 

0 Kudos
mvigeant
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 4 (590 Views)

Thanks for directing me to that page for instructions. My log file is attached in the zip below, if you need any more information please let me know!

0 Kudos
HereIStand
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 4 (584 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling