Sign Out

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Sign Out

Does anyone know how to sign out with the new Skype app?

I signed in with an old Skype account and connected it with my Microsoft account.

1. I want to sign out.

2. I want to disconnect my Microsoft account with the old Skype account.

Any help?

0 Kudos
dualopamp-compu
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 5 (2,646 Views)

Re: Sign Out

IF you are using a Microsoft Account to log in to Windows 8, then Skype consumes this account, and this is also the account you connected Skype to. 

Unfortunately there is no log-out option. The only way to log out of Skype would be to disable background running and notifications and quit the app. Or other possibility would be to use a local account to log in to Windows 8. 

Currently the account unlinking can be done by customer support only. Please file a request to them. You can find out how to do it here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA1170/how-can-i-contact-skype-customer-service

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 210
Message 2 of 5 (2,643 Views)

I m already using local account, but still cannot sign out, how come?
I put in a MS account when 1st login thou.

0 Kudos
UCCOFFEE
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 5 (2,634 Views)

If you are on a local account, then the Log Out button is located under Settings charm -> Options. (the same place where you can select audio and video device)

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
0 Kudos
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 210
Message 4 of 5 (2,626 Views)

good, thanks heaps

It is just too hidden. I think need to put tutorial how to logout

0 Kudos
UCCOFFEE
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (2,487 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling