No video on Windows 8 Skype

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: No video on Windows 8 Skype

An update to my previous post.

Today, in Microsoft Store, there is an update to the Skype for Windows 8 app (metro app).

I installed it, and now Skype is showing the camera working in the Camera settings in the Options.

However, the video/picture is green.

I hope somebody from the Skype support team reads this and pass this info back to the development team so they can come up with a fix.

Thanks

orman62
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 11 of 47 (5,372 Views)

I am having a similar issue with the Skype app. In settings, it shows the app has access to the built-in webcam and mic, however when I try to make a call it doesn't acknowledge that I've made one. Nothing changes with the chat screen. The audio works (the caller can hear me, and I can hear him), but the video and regular chat don't work. All drivers are up to date. 

0 Kudos
rcbeane
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 12 of 47 (5,245 Views)

It seems that we fixed the green video problem and the fix will be included in the next Skype update (1.3 version). We verified the issue on one of the affected laptop models so we think that it will solve most, if not all the green video reported problems.

Thank you for your help and patience.

0 Kudos
kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 177
Message 13 of 47 (5,163 Views)

Bought a Samsung series 9 today and downloaded skype for windows 8. Same issue as everyone else - microphone recognised but webcam unable to be recognised despite it working fine on laptop. drivers obviously up to date. No green screen. Please help solve!

0 Kudos
appletreeme
Casual Tourist
Message 14 of 47 (5,124 Views)

The person I video call can only see a green screen, however I see them just fine, help
0 Kudos
Liz833
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 47 (5,048 Views)

Hi, please update Skype to the latest version 1.3 in which green video issue is fixed.

0 Kudos
kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 16 of 47 (5,041 Views)

i there still no video in the app but strangly it is ok on the desktop version. Its probably an OS problem and not the app really.

0 Kudos
RobCopestick
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 47 (5,038 Views)

Same issue - no video cam in Metro even after the upgrade.  This is really frustrating and pathetic.  Who tests this stuff before it goes out?

0 Kudos
rfmullerjr
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 47 (4,998 Views)

Hi, did you check all of the things mentioned in this topic:
http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/Webcam-not-working-Check-here/td-p/1161082

If you did, and your webcam works in Camera App, but not in Skype, could you please specify which device are you using and which Skype version are you using and maybe provide logs like described here (Windows 8 section):
http://developer.skype.com/SkypeGarage/LogFile

Thank you

0 Kudos
kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Message 19 of 47 (4,981 Views)

The latest update fixed the problem with no video. 

0 Kudos
rcbeane
Novel Adventurer
Message 20 of 47 (4,933 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling