No sound when switching to desktop on windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

No sound when switching to desktop on windows 8

I am having a problem with my skype were whenever I minimize it by switching to desktop mode from the windows 8 app it stops playing the sound so I can't hear the people talking. It is getting very annoying and I can't figure out the problem.

0 Kudos
renic1000000
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,779 Views)

Re: No sound when switching to desktop on windows 8

Same problem here. When I connect my headset and I switch to Desktop I can't hear Skype
Posted from Google Nexus 4
0 Kudos
keramidas
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (1,688 Views)

Re: No sound when switching to desktop on windows 8

WHY HAS NO ONE FIXED THIS YET. It seems to be a big problem for A LOT of people, including me. The most annoying thing is that it was working outside of the actual programme and has suddenly stopped, even though I've done NOTHING different. 

FailWhale
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 3 (1,425 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling