No Video With Only One Contact

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

No Video With Only One Contact

I and one other person (both in the US) cannot share video with each other when using two specific computers. We are both on each other's Contact list. We both can share video with other contacts on our lists, so the problem is specific to our connection. The problem is also specific to my Surface RT. When logging in to my account from Skype on a Windows 7 machine, my video shared immediately, the other party had to unshare video and share it again for it to show to me.

When I try to call this person (again, only this person, and only on Surface, and only me for that person), video does not share. The "share video" button is blue with a slash through it. When I click it, it shares for a brief second, and then immeidately reverts to audio only.

0 Kudos
nkjrm
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 6 (440 Views)

Re: No Video With Only One Contact

I have EXACTLY the same problem since upgrading to the latest skype for mac. It is only from ONE computer and only with ONE of my contacts. Somebody help please.
0 Kudos
tracys
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 6 (374 Views)

Yes I have this problem as well :sad: I'm trying to video chat with someone but it never seems to work or even the audio, they say that nothing is wrong with there computer so it must be mine. I have a windows 8 HP laptop, and the call always ends instantly everytime I answer or make a call/video chat. I do have a webcam too just FYI... 

Can anyone help? I've checked the settings, it seems to be fine.

0 Kudos
JamesC1993
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 6 (355 Views)

Hi,

Can you please double check the contact you are calling has the latest Skype version?
Please find out which platform (Windows, Mac, Android, iOS...) is other side using and which Skype version.
Usually the issue you are describing is caused by an outdated Skype version.
I hope up to date Skype on both sides will solve your problem.

Thank you

0 Kudos
kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 165
Message 4 of 6 (341 Views)

Thanks Kerojarun but we have done all you suggest and still no luck.   It is very frustrating as I have not been able to make this video call now since we upgraded to the latest Skype software. Perhaps it has something to do with us both being on quite old macs but in anycase, it's not working!

Can you please let us know how to uninstall the software and then to install the OLD software which was working fine.  That would be great!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
tracys
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (336 Views)

Hi,

You can right-click on the Skype icon in the start screen of Windows 8 and choose uninstall. After that you can download and install Skype for Desktop. But still, other side needs to have the latest Skype version. So if it is Mac, it needs to be latest Skype for Mac.
If it still doesn't work, please write both yours and other sides Skype version and platform.

Thank you

0 Kudos
kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 165
Message 6 of 6 (333 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling