No Toolbar on Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

No Toolbar on Windows 8

The community forum is full of questions but no way to see replies.  Like the rest of you who haven't gotten answers, there is no toolbar on my Windows 8, no way to shut the thing off, no way to even know what how to find out without a help menu or anything. How do you find people's answers on here? it says "2 replies" or whatever, but won't let you click on them.  So frustrating.  One person did post to install the old version for Windows (I have a PC) which works fine on my laptop.  Imagine you bought a brand new wonderful computer with windows 8 and your skype is not at all user friendly. 

0 Kudos
1968RC
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (610 Views)

Re: No Toolbar on Windows 8

I HAVE AN VERY IMPORTANT INTERVIEW ON SKYPE AND HAVE BEEN TYRING FOR OVER 5 HOURS TO FIND THE TOOLBAR AND INVITE CONTACTS, LAST TRY IF ANyone can help me please!

0 Kudos
cinditurner2
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (451 Views)

Re: No Toolbar on Windows 8

cinditurner2 wrote:

I HAVE AN VERY IMPORTANT INTERVIEW ON SKYPE AND HAVE BEEN TYRING FOR OVER 5 HOURS TO FIND THE TOOLBAR AND INVITE CONTACTS, LAST TRY IF ANyone can help me please!

There is no TOOLBAR on Skype application for Windows 8 (the metro version). Install the "normal" desktop version and start using all the available Skype features.

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.7.0.102.msi

0 Kudos
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6076
Message 3 of 3 (434 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling