How do I use my old non-Microsoft Skype account to...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How do I use my old non-Microsoft Skype account to login to Skype?

I have a legit account to login to Skype with on my Windows 7 installed app and on my phone.

I installed Windows 8 and installed Skype through Metro UI and it doesn't let me use my Skype login.  It asks for a Microsoft account now, I guess this means a Live ID.

kirksl
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 1 of 7 (15,808 Views)

Re: How do I use my old non-Microsoft Skype account to login to Skype?

Feedback for Microsoft: 

Angered that i'd have to ask all of my contacts to now readd me elsewhere I added a new "Live" Skype account

After adding my Skype account it had an option to automatically add in all of my contacts and details from a previous Skype account.

Gave my name/password from the other Skype account and happy happy joy joy.

What a confusing experience.  I didn't know what to do.  I felt like I was left hanging.  I got angry.  Made a new account.  Then found out I was saved.  Real cute.

kirksl
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 2 of 7 (15,759 Views)

[ Edited ]

totally idiotic on the part of the microsoft.  just use the desktop version, which completely defeats the purpose of having windows 8. [edited for inappropriate language]were they thinking?  makes no sense

pikapp1144
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 3 of 7 (13,043 Views)

How do I use my old non-Microsoft Skype account to login to Skype?

Terrible this new skype, they are not thinking in the customer, nothing easy and if you use a laptop without touch screen it is almost desperate, skype was better in other OS.

0 Kudos
Christopherosep
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 7 (9,173 Views)

What were they thinking? To lock you into Microsoft everywhere, that's what. I'm just starting my Windows 8 experience but as far as I can tell, the only real goal of having to go through the start page befor accessing my desktop is to make it more cumbersome to use non-microsoft software.

sazji
Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 7 (7,013 Views)

no thought required to understand what they were thinking...  This move FORCES everyone to get a mail account with them.  I hope Micro$loth and Unca Billy burn in hell one day.

anon_txatyahoo
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (4,943 Views)

What you really men is that Skype was better before Micro$loth mangled it with their molesting maws.

0 Kudos
anon_txatyahoo
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (4,942 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling