How do I adjust the sound settings on my computer ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

How do I adjust the sound settings on my computer and in Skype for Windows 8?

my skype working fine but i need to open volume i use right click add friend open contact and home page icon there is nothing i can see about options or volume m i ? change or use micropone boost my voice is heard weak i need to shout : (

0 Kudos
akasatyr
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 6 (2,093 Views)

Re: How do I adjust the sound settings on my computer and in Skype for Windows 8?

Just figured this out the other day!

* Move your mouse to the bottom right hand corner of the screen when your in the app to bring up the charm bar
* Select "Settings">"Options" and you'll find sound settings for skype there :bigsmile:

Google
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 6 (2,083 Views)

Re: How do I adjust the sound settings on my computer and in Skype for Windows 8?

can u show us with screen shoot i dont understand couse my origin language

akasatyr
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (2,068 Views)

I found "Options", but still can't find a way to adjust the volume. I can test it, but not change it. Mine is too loud!

0 Kudos
gilebee
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 6 (1,997 Views)

@Claudius can u explain my voice sending low how can i fix
akasatyr
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (1,984 Views)

@akasatyr

I understand the question you are asking as I need the same thing.  Here is the answer, and be prepared, you are not going to like it...

Microsoft, in its infinite wisdom, has chosen not to include volume controls in the modern version of Skype.  This is my single biggest complaint about the app, although there are numerous others.

If you absolutely need volume controls, you will have to download the desktop version of Skype.  I have no idea how they feel that it is acceptable to release such an imcomplete product, but somehow it happened.  Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.

0 Kudos
samwnimmo
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 443
Message 6 of 6 (1,979 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling