Green screen on webcam on laptop Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Green screen on webcam on laptop Windows 8

We brought a new laptop this weekend and the webcam is working fine.  Contacted Microsoft and they are saying the issue is with Skype.  I have looked all over the support page and nothing to fix this issue.  This is the 1st laptop that my daughter has purchased and Skype is how she stays in connect with her older sister at college.  Need help asap!

Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Can you please help us getting this issue resolved for you quickly by providing feedback as explained here: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/Your-help-needed-to-fix-green-video/td-p/1244238

View solution in original post
sbeth713
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 9 (13,989 Views)

Re: Green screen on webcam on laptop Windows 8

im having the same problem and i just bought it friday and im really upset about this.!!!!!!

holliyarbrough1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 9 (13,974 Views)

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem just bought a Compaq with Windows 8 on Black Friday from Walmart. I am having the same problem trying to video chat. The laptop webcame is green. And when I plugged in my USB webcam the video is still green. I can't access the camera settings on Skype. 

The camera works fine using the computers Camera software to take pictures using Cyber Link YouCam, the only problem is with the Skype.

Please help this is a Compaq CQ58

liwa_814
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 9 (13,962 Views)

yes im having the same issue with windows 8 on a brand new hp2000 notebook. anyone know how to fix this????
bradleym_uprr83
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 9 (13,951 Views)

Im having the same issue.  I have a green screen in video call to someone....I can see them, but my screen is green.  I just purchase this compaq cq58 laptop last black friday from walmart.  please help. thanks

csnell03
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 9 (13,883 Views)

Also, this laptop has windows 8 os system, which is sooo confusing from the other os systems.  could this be the issue?  also, i downloaded google chrome browser and still have install internet explorer 10 browser.  could this cause problems?

0 Kudos
csnell03
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (13,878 Views)

Same black Friday Compaq from Walmart, Windows 8 with built in webcam... other users see a green screen, but you can actually make out the background so video IS going through.

0 Kudos
lanotaro
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 9 (13,865 Views)

wow I just got one on black Friday from walmart as well and it is doing the same dang thing to me
0 Kudos
krystinyoung
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 9 (13,818 Views)

Can you please help us getting this issue resolved for you quickly by providing feedback as explained here: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/Your-help-needed-to-fix-green-video/td-p/1244238

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13125
Message 9 of 9 (13,796 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling