File sending removed

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: File sending removed

Will this desktop version download be compatible with windows 8, and enable file transfer and receipt....

Mart wrote:

You can download the desktop version of Skype from here: http://www.skype.com/intl/en/get-skype/on-your-computer/windows/

0 Kudos
jainsunny921
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 21 of 28 (2,948 Views)

I am not sure about that link, but, if you send me your private Email I can give you access to my SkyDrive with the working (under Win:cool: desktop version of Skype (approx 30MBytes). It is fully operational and is running on my second (HP) desktop (Win8 Pro x64). Or I can try to attach it here :lol:

Cheers, VladF 

0 Kudos
vlad_frolov
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 22 of 28 (2,942 Views)

Just install the IM+ app from the Windows store. Works for me just fine. If I need it for calls the desktop mode is not far away and I still have skype on there. I removed the Windows 8 app. to me - not being able to send files makes skype virtually useless for how I use it. So IM+ for the main use...desktop version for the calls. Until Skype makes a 100% fully functioning skype app for windows 8, I am sticking with IM+

0 Kudos
nystromc
Novel Tourist
Message 23 of 28 (2,866 Views)

Yes. It will. Just download the latest full installer of desktop version here: http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Regards.

Atique

0 Kudos
sacsdu
Novel Adventurer
Message 24 of 28 (2,828 Views)

You can snap the app window to the left by either dragging the app from the upper top of the screen or by simply pressing the "windows logo" key on your keyboard and "tab" key on your keyboard at the same time and right clicking on the skype app and choosing snap to left/right
0 Kudos
benedictanton
Casual Tourist
Message 25 of 28 (2,508 Views)

that is completely unacceptable!
microsoft buys skype for 8bio USD

develops win8 for uncounted billions of dollars

you guys had time to worsen our user experience with nag screens and ads all over the place - but you didn't have time to implement file transfer in the latest version?

i hope an alternative to skype will appear soon! this is outragous!!

suntzu13
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 26 of 28 (2,430 Views)

File transfer should be available in the next version (1.5) of Skype for Windows 8 which should be available in 1-2 weeks. Until then you can use Skype Desktop version.

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 143
Message 27 of 28 (2,366 Views)

We've added support for file transfer in Skype 1.5 for Windows 8. More information here: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8-from-Windows-Store/Update-1-5-File-transfer/td-p/1436191

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12363
Message 28 of 28 (2,263 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling