Facetime contacts for Skype windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

Facetime contacts for Skype windows 8

Facetime contacts for Skype  windows 8 is required   so Skype users can add them  and video chat or chat and other way round as well for Facetime users.

This is very hard  for two different software that do the same job on a Mac and a PC, As Facetime only runs on the Macs and other apple devices. Skype can also do both but this goes down on user  or family and friends  that chosen the software but if one user is using Facetime and other is using skype  how can they connect or add each other or video chat or chat?

At least one  person told me there is no word  such as I can't or nothing is impossible

samwnimmo
Esteemed Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Then change the title of your post so that is actually relevant to the question you are asking and understand the limitations imposed by Apple - and go post in their forum, because until they stop being monopolistic and greedy a workaround is all you can expect.  I told you how to do this because once you import the contacts, if any of them have a Microsoft account, which there is a good chance they do, you can then contact them on Skype.  You could just say thank you.

View solution in original post
mmanson9
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 108
Message 1 of 6 (53,259 Views)

Re: Facetime contacts for Skype windows 8

@mmanson9

You're talking about Apple here.  If anyone is restricting the customer base that can and can't use their apps you can bet your money it's them.  In fact, if Microsoft did integrate Facetime contacts, they would have a lawsuit before the end of the day.  That is why Skype is available to everyone and Facetime is only available to users of Apple products.

samwnimmo
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 376
Message 2 of 6 (53,247 Views)

I know that to a degree, Apple can be selfish  as a company,

PC software  thats apple based is  Itunes and Quicktime  we mostly get  out of them. that's why I requested it  and I repeat again there is no word such as I can't or Nothing is impossible  that's looking at  it  form a postive point a view for a long time.

mmanson9
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (53,238 Views)

[ Edited ]

I agree as far as not accepting "I can't".  Just yesterday I spent ten hours successfully hacking together something I "couldn't" do.  But if you do it, it won't be pretty.  Your best bet, I think, would be to do it indirectly, link one to another to another to another.  Surely facetime will sync with Apple mail or you phonebook contacts right?  If so, you can probably get those contacts synced with another mail account, and if you can eventually get them to Yahoo, Gmail, Facebook or Hotmail then you are all set.  You can sync these other accounts with your Microsoft account in the People app, and when you do either they will automatically be in your Skype contacts, or you will be able to go to your people app and click the Skype button to initiate a call/conversation.  I know this is not specific, but I hope it gives you some ideas of how you may be able to accomplish it.

This will tell you how to sync iPhone contacts with Google, and if you can get that done just sync Google into your people app.

http://ipod.about.com/od/iphonehowtos/ss/Sync-Iphone-Contacts-With-Google-And-More.htm

samwnimmo
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 4 of 6 (53,223 Views)

It's :cool: to know that about  that side of syncing  but in the end  stop posting what I already know as I am trying to make a valid point  to see how we can   contact facetime users   using skype

thanks

mmanson9
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (53,218 Views)

Then change the title of your post so that is actually relevant to the question you are asking and understand the limitations imposed by Apple - and go post in their forum, because until they stop being monopolistic and greedy a workaround is all you can expect.  I told you how to do this because once you import the contacts, if any of them have a Microsoft account, which there is a good chance they do, you can then contact them on Skype.  You could just say thank you.

samwnimmo
Esteemed Adventurer
Message 6 of 6 (53,211 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling