Change Profile Picture

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Change Profile Picture

How to change skype Profile picture - skype 8 

janakac2
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 9 (14,292 Views)

Re: Change Profile Picture

[ Edited ]

Run Skype. Click on your Profile Picture.

pp1.PNG 

Click again.

pp2.png

Now Browse and Select the new picture, then Click Open.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6477
Message 2 of 9 (14,286 Views)

I'm trying to change my skype pic. Clicking on my pic doesnt work. Please help. Thanks! J

0 Kudos
dodson12
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 9 (13,086 Views)

[ Edited ]

Have you tried changing it from the desktop client?  It is not practical, but if you cannot get it to work in the modern version, it may be easier than trying to figure out how to get to work as it should.  After setting the picture you can uninstall the desktop version (though I wouldn't, the modern version is horrible in comparison).  This method is not ideal, as you would have to use the desktop version any time you wish to set it until Microsoft corrects the issue (which may never happen), but it's an "if all else fails" idea.

Alternately, if you have a smartphone you can try to set your picture from the app.  On Android, go to Profile and then tap your picture to change it.  I would assume the process on Windows Phone and iOS would be similar.

You can get the desktop version here:

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-windows/

0 Kudos
samwnimmo
Esteemed Adventurer
Kudos: 425
Message 4 of 9 (10,933 Views)

[ Edited ]

Tamim, thanks for posting that, I just got a new computer ( windows 8 ) and couldn't figure out how to do it, and wasn't able to from the website. Once I read your post, took me all of about 5 seconds to change my profile pic.

cheddar
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 9 (10,819 Views)

Kewl!!

0 Kudos
gocougs
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (5,442 Views)

I am lost, can these web develpers test their design and realize people like "less is best" and do not want to circle the computer with one offs to get something to work.

0 Kudos
Deerstand
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (3,274 Views)

plzzz tell me how to change my skype profile picture step wisely.

i not able to click on my profile picture to change it plzzzzz,,.

0 Kudos
Lokesh-Kumar
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (3,227 Views)

AWESOME! Quick and easy once adequately explained by you! Thank you so very much!!!:(y):

0 Kudos
Sirenthemuse
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (3,109 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling