Can't sign back into skype on windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Can't sign back into skype on windows 8

I signed out of skype, and when I went to sign back in, I can't. I'm using microsoft account, for sure I've got the right password, but it just takes forever pending, then say "Oops... there was a problem."

jaiga
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 6 (430 Views)

Re: Can't sign back into skype on windows 8

Please answer all of the following questions in your very next reply:

Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
Did a Free-trial antivirus come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it?
Do you have any other p2p (µTorrent, BiTtorrent, Team Viewer) software installed on the computer?
Which version of Skype do you use?
Do you have Hamachi LogMeIn installed?
What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6183
Message 2 of 6 (427 Views)

I'm not perfectly clear about security software, but so far I've never really downloaded any. My computer came with SimplePass and a trial version of Norton, but the latter may be expired. My computer does not have any of the p2p programs you mentioned. I'm not sure what version my skype is, but it's an app kind, and different from when I used windows seven. I have no idea what Hamachi LogMeIn is, and I'm pretty sure I don't have any other anti-spyware besides Defender as I didn't install any of that or some other program that would have another firewall. 

This is especially frustrating, as I already signed in before on this computer, and since then I'm sure I didn't change my computer in any significant way. 

0 Kudos
jaiga
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 6 (422 Views)

Please uninstall Norton.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 6 (419 Views)

Sorry, but why was I able to sign in before but not now? Norton was always there. 

0 Kudos
jaiga
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 6 (412 Views)

Your trial version may expired?

Regards,
Tamim

0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 6 (409 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling