Can't find skype on my windows 8 store

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Can't find skype on my windows 8 store

I tried to install skype app on windows 8 but I Can't find it anywhere in windows 8 store

0 Kudos
GhostRider94
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 18 (8,065 Views)

Re: Can't find skype on my windows 8 store

Please See- 

Why can't I find or install an app from the Windows Store?

This is the Store link. 

http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/en-US/app/skype/5e19cc61-8994-4797-bdc7-c21263f6282b

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6518
Message 2 of 18 (8,057 Views)

Very same problem here. If I click on "Download Now" on the download page, the app store opens, but skype is nowhere to be found.

Searching windows store yields the same result.

Is this because I am running the customer preview Win8?

0 Kudos
dontevenhellno
Tourist
Message 3 of 18 (7,955 Views)

Probably. You can try updating to Windows Pro.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 18 (7,940 Views)

HI! Did you update your windows 8 and did it solve problem with skype? Same problem here. I dont know what else I can do. I tried everything.
0 Kudos
martianin
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 18 (7,840 Views)

Please See-

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/i-can-not-found-skype-on-store/m-p/1156060/highlight/true#M3...

Regards,
Tamim

0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 18 (7,837 Views)

hey,

In cant find out netwrk..pls help me

0 Kudos
saranyakt
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 18 (7,799 Views)

[ Edited ]

just download version 6 from here http://www.oldapps.com/skype.php

windows will update if needed. This works with the consumer preview.

ckds-broadband
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 18 (7,513 Views)

martianin wrote:
HI! Did you update your windows 8 and did it solve problem with skype? Same problem here. I dont know what else I can do. I tried everything.

You can try to update to Windows 8 Enterprise

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/jj554510.aspx

Regards,
Tamim

0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 9 of 18 (7,493 Views)

since upgrading to windows 8 I installed skype (with some difficulty) on my desktop. When I try to do the same on my wife's desktop (same computer) I can't find the skype icon in the Store.

0 Kudos
dairich95
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 18 (4,841 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling