Camera not working with Windows 8 (another one!)

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Camera not working with Windows 8 (another one!)

Hi,

Windows 8 Camera app doesn't seem to work, even after granting permissions.  Just get blank screen with "Camera: Connect a camera"

Camera doesn't work at all (no picture whatsoever) on Win 8 Skype but works fine with Desktop Skype.

Done all the settings checks for Win 8 Skype and everything seems fine there.

Computer only about a month old.  Downloaded Win 8 Skype last night.

Webcam is Philips SPC315NC.

Any advice (in words of not much more than one syllable) gratefully received - even if it is just "stick to Desktop Skype".

Thanks!

0 Kudos
cbrixton
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (1,815 Views)

Re: Camera not working with Windows 8 (another one!)

Hi, one day my computer had the same problem as yours, I finally know what problem it was: graphics driver. I changed a different version of graphics driver and problem solved.
I wish this will help you. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Yufeng89
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 5 (1,803 Views)

Thanks!  I am bit of a computer ignoramus though (at least in terms of what happens inside them).  What's a graphics driver and how do I change it??!

Thanks!

0 Kudos
cbrixton
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (1,793 Views)

[ Edited ]

It is easy to upgrade a device driver with driver software. Such as Driver Detevtive from www.drivershq.com or Driver Wizard from www.mydrivers.com

0 Kudos
Yufeng89
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 5 (1,786 Views)

Thanks - will investigate!

0 Kudos
cbrixton
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (1,780 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling