wrong time/date displayed

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

wrong time/date displayed

hello,

i have a problem with my skype. the time displayed for my chat conversations is 15/02/11 12:44. i have the same problem when it comes to the date displayed concerning the last time a contact was seen online.

how can i fix it? i have already updated the version but still not fixed (i have the latest version)

thanks in advance.

Vas_Kyr
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 11 (9,000 Views)

Re: wrong time/date displayed

[ Edited ]

can you check if the correct country and timezone is selected in your Skype profile (Click your name or profile picture in the top left of the screen to display your profile information.)?

*assuming the time in your mac is correct

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1307
Message 2 of 11 (9,000 Views)

hi, thanks for the reply

everything is correct. the time on my mac and the timezone selected in my Skype profile. However, i can't see the time anywhere in my profile. I have just selected the country i live in.

It's really weird coz i've just noticed it but as far as i can remember it has always been like that

Vas_Kyr
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 11 (8,994 Views)

I cannot  find where else to post this - hopefully someone can help me

I have found "last seen online' particularly useful for my contacts. I had to reinstall skype the other day and now I don't seem to have that function anymore.

Can someone please help me get it back - it is so handy! Thank you so much..

mobile
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 11 (8,963 Views)

I have the same problem. I have the latest version of Skype and my local time is displayed for any of my contacts regardless of time zone.

lrubly
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 11 (8,931 Views)

I have the wrong month but correct time and I can't see what I have typed or what other's type.  This didn't work for me. :sad:

Chaupi_corazon
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 11 (8,861 Views)

I changed the MONTH on my PC (which I shouldn't have to do) to Oct 2011 it's actually Sept 2011 and now it works. Really why doesn't Skype fix this, now I have to keep my PC one month ahead.
Chaupi_corazon
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (8,850 Views)

Ok what I did to solve this might be confusing but here it goes. When I changed the month so Skype would work my Microsoft Essencials stopped working and was orange not green and would not update. So I cleared history :sad: on Skype and removed both Skype and Microsoft E I rebooted then downloaded both again and sure enough both worked.  I removed and downloaded just to make sure the programs weren't corrupt and I wouldn't have to do this twice.  Hope this helps others the sad part is I lost all my conversations didn't think of saving them.

Chaupi_corazon
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 11 (8,834 Views)

hello,

i have a problem with my skype. the time displayed for my chat conversations is 15/02/11 12:44. i have the same problem when it comes to the date displayed concerning the last time a contact was seen online.

how can i fix it? i have already updated the version but still not fixed (i have the latest version)

thanks in advance.

ahmad1234567
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 11 (2,086 Views)

The "latest version" possible is different depending on your computer software and hardware. Please be specific about exactly what version of Skype and OS X you have, and provide logs as described in the first floated topic in the forum.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Nick.K9
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 61
Message 10 of 11 (2,077 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling