skype video window too small on newer version

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

skype video window too small on newer version

I dont understand why my skype window of myself is now way too small... (about an inch) and when i click on it it shrinks down to barley a centemeter. I just downloaded the latest version for mac and now i cannot expand my personal view of myself nor can i place my window just anywhere. The view of the person with which i'm speaking to is just the sameas it was from the last version, which is great but how can i expand the view of me next to the view of the other caller? This is driving me crazy.

Tankgirl
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 9 (7,592 Views)

Re: skype video window too small on newer version

As you've discovered, clicking on your own PIP once will toggle it between thumbnail size and slightly larger.  Once it's in the slightly larger size you can resize it further by dragging one of the corners out or in.

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1898
Message 2 of 9 (7,585 Views)

i was able to make it a bit larger by clicking on it, but i am not able to 'drag' it larger. i tried all corners. what should i do?

DaveTheVillages
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 9 (7,571 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have to apologize.  I'm fairly new to the Mac version and I thought you could resize the PIP window the same way you can with the Windows version.   No so, apparently.  I just tried and had the same results you've had.

Let's see if anyone with more Mac experience comes along with a way to resize that window.

edit:  I've reported this as a bug in the Skype developers' Jira forum.  Feel free to add your comments there:  https://jira.skype.com/browse/SCM-958

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 4 of 9 (7,567 Views)

Is there any way to go back to the previous version of Skype? I have a mac too and this video window being too small is driving me crazy.

Thanks.

pattyroquebert
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 9 (7,120 Views)

[ Edited ]

Previous version are available for download here: 

http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php

g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Message 6 of 9 (7,115 Views)

I really do not understand why sudenly my skype window became too small .

anandatapatii
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (6,651 Views)

It is indeed a bug. Use the link provided by g4pilut

http://mac.oldapps.com/skype.php

and roll back to Skype 5.3.59.1093, August 2011, then you will gain back the ability to grab and expand the size of the "see yourself video box".  This is important because it is the only way for you to know what your fellow Skypee sees coming to him/her from your end.

And it is ridiculous that we have to roll back to a version over a year old in order to use Skype properly. Sad.

bloozman12
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 9 (5,608 Views)

hmmm after installing the new Mac OS over the weekend, 10.8.3, now the earlier Skype versions produce a gray or black personal screen, so it is no longer functional. The slightly earlier version 6 still has the same unsizeable personal video window. This is a serious bug. I go crazy trying to see what others may be seeing when they view my cam. Please post here when the bug gets fixed, or a workaround is discovered.

MacSaxMan
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (4,276 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling