skype mac turns off video when call answers

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Re: skype mac turns off video when call answers

Same thing here. Please do something. Has skype abandoned MAC?

Bbcondon
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 42 (3,473 Views)

ME TOO!  So frustrated!

HHPinAK
Novel Tourist
Message 12 of 42 (3,406 Views)

I think the issue for some people on the thread might be to do with the people you are trying to call.  It seems that people using Skype 2.8.0.866 can no longer video chat.  People with older Macs running an older Mac OS can only use Skype 2.8.0.866.  Since the latest update to newer versions of Skype came out, people running Skype 2.8.0.866 seem to be having this issue when trying to chat with other Skype users.  I haven't seen any official comment from Skype.

kerrni
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 13 of 42 (3,377 Views)

me too. please fix this.

hankferrini
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 14 of 42 (3,340 Views)

same here. 10.7.5 mac version

pan257
Novel Tourist
Message 15 of 42 (3,188 Views)

I'm sure this is correct. I have a friend running an older iMac, we skype frequently and successfully.  But when Skype did an auto upgrade to my PC a few days ago, from then my picture gets turned off as soon as the call to them is answered.   Skype need to give us a bugfix - quick!

Pauldav
Novel Tourist
Message 16 of 42 (3,174 Views)

Thank God, I'm not crazy! Can't video chat with a friend who is running older version of Skype on an older Mac ever since my newer Mac downloaded the new version of Skype. Does anyone know of any fixes yet?

crabbyclicks
Novel Tourist
Message 17 of 42 (3,059 Views)

Same problem to Finland. Turns video off immediately on answer. Same problem on two different macs. Seems to work fine across the table between these same macs. Now it can´t find my camera on my separate monitor. Annoying. Used to work really well before, so it has to be some new development. Could it be related to updates and wifi speeds?

Goggles
Novel Tourist
Message 18 of 42 (2,832 Views)

Please read the post "Cannot video call some of your contacts anymore?"

http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac-Linux/Cannot-video-call-some-of-your-contacts-anymore/td-p/1565175

MisterB
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 257
Message 19 of 42 (2,802 Views)

"As a result of recent improvements to the way our video works, it is not possible to make video calls from Skype for Mac 2.8 to Skype for Mac and Windows 6.2 and above."

Wow...this is the silliest sentence around. We've made skype so good that it doesn't work with older versions.

jpinla
Casual Adventurer
Message 20 of 42 (2,799 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling