register mobile

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

register mobile

Hello.  I recently moved to Berlin and am trying to update my Skype settings in light of the new SIM chip I installed in my iPhone after unlocking it.

1.  I originally lived in Houston, TX and had a mobile with a number of that locality.  I have family in Germany and therefore created Skype-To-Go numbers for all of them.

2.  I moved to Germany.  Now I would like to create Skype-To-Go numbers for my family in Houston, TX.  Because I have a new SIM chip in my mobile, I now have a local Berlin number.

Problems:

When I try to update my information concerning the nearest location of where I am making my mobile calls (within the Skype-To-Go tab on the website), it does not list Germany as an option.  I find that peculiar since one of my German cousins uses Skype.  I can't update the Skype-To-Go numbers before I can update the status of where I am calling from.

When I try to add add a new line or edit the exiting one, it does not give me the option of editing the country.  A small Information icon tells me that I need to register the mobile but does not say how.

Do I need to re-register my mobile?... if so, how exactly do I do that?  I find it somewhat tedious trying to navigate throught the Skype website.  

drewserley
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (154 Views)

Re: register mobile

Hi, unfortunatelly, Skype To Go is not available in Germany. However, you can consider to purchase Unlimited US subscription and use Skype on your iPhone to contact your family in US.

Please check with local operator prices for data usage if you want to use Skype to call on mobile networks. Or, you can use wifi hotspots.

Skype for iPhone can be installed directly from Apple App Store.

Here, you can check available subscriptions to call US:
http://www.skype.com/intl/en/prices/pay-monthly/#US 

MisterB
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 257
Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling