"We've signed you out because your using an outda...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

"We've signed you out because your using an outdated version of skype"

Hello Skype Family,

I am using a 4th gen. Macbook Pro running OS X 10.8.5. I do not intend to upgrade to Mavricks. I am content with how my computer is running as it is, but I can not seem to find a way to use Skype. I have Skype 5.8.0 installed, but when I try to sign in I get this message:

"We've signed you out because your using an  outdated version of skype"

Is there anyway I can use Skype with my Current OS X?

Please help, I really love skype, but this is proving to be a huge problem.

I tried to contact customer service but because I live in China I am constantly redirrected to the Chinese site and Chinese customer service. I sent in a ticket and got a reply in Chinese several times. I am not that smart and connot read Chinese. I even asked to be redirrected to English but I think the Chinese customer service people can't read English (which is not their obligation). I am sooooo sad. I really loved Skype, but I feel Skype is really falling behind and fails to provide true global service for a sofware dedicated to global communications.

I hope you guys are able to help, but I understand that it depends on the limitations of this software.

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,

Freddy

freddyufo
Novel Adventurer

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

OK, feeling extra dumb...LOL SOLUTION: 1) Download any version that can install on your OS X. 2) Go into the Skype drop down menu and click "Check for Updates" 3) After that you should be able to log back in! Hope this works for you! Cheers, Freddy

View solution in original post
Please use plain text.
freddyufo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 19
Message 1 of 157 (10,136 Views)

Re: "We've signed you out because your using an outdated version of skype"

I have the same problem - except I do speak Bangla - I am not able to update to Maverick or Macrium on my Mac - because 5.3GB of date will not come through a dongle at 150Kb/s (notice the lowercase b).

I have tried, but after getting quite substantial amounts of data, the update fails and the update has to be restarted.

It is not that I don't want to update, I have downloaded the Skype update, but it won't install on my OS.

I personaly think it is Apple who is blocking users in hard-to-reach places. But Skype could delay cutting the rest of us off by continuing the old versions.

Please use plain text.
MacriumMissery
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 2 of 157 (10,112 Views)

OK, feeling extra dumb...LOL SOLUTION: 1) Download any version that can install on your OS X. 2) Go into the Skype drop down menu and click "Check for Updates" 3) After that you should be able to log back in! Hope this works for you! Cheers, Freddy
Please use plain text.
freddyufo
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 19
Message 3 of 157 (9,998 Views)

The person who is giving us a solution,  In the drop menu, the  option "update"  is not accesible.  I hope skype people answer us as soon as possible, as this is causing big problems.  I have the same problem ,  I do not intend to buy a new computer.

Please use plain text.
copegui
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 4 of 157 (9,905 Views)

I just saw that there are people having problmes since Friday, and still no good solutions to our problems.  It seems we will have to suffer with every new version of skype.

Please use plain text.
copegui
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 157 (9,903 Views)

I'm ready to drop Skype. I do not allow even APPLE to tell me how to configure my computer, much less MICROSOFT (who owns skype since 2011). There is no way I'm upgrading to Mavericks. Absolutely no need, and I still use applications that require Rosetta, which is not available in anything past 10.6.8.

Bye bye skype. I'll use it on my iPhone, but no more on my desktop, and if it gets weird on my iPhone skype will simply loose a customer. Period. 

Please use plain text.
charlie2knn
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 13
Message 6 of 157 (9,855 Views)

I'm having this same problem, running OsX 10.5.8 and I've downloaded the latest version (actually deleted all old versions to see if this was the problem) but still can't sign in. I've trie searching for updates but it says I'm fully up to date. I'm stumped. But this is appalling service.

Please use plain text.
AlexSkaPunk
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 17
Message 7 of 157 (9,836 Views)

I'm also experiencing the same problem. I'm using Mac os x 10.5.8. It's so frustrating 'cause i can't open my skype account. Can somebody please help me.. :sad:

Please use plain text.
androvinz
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 8 of 157 (9,816 Views)

Same problem here...... It was always possible to use older Skype versions..... I run 10.5.8 and want to keep using Skype! I don't want to upgrade to Mavericks. I hope Skype will come with a solution soon!

Please use plain text.
bartsax
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 157 (9,802 Views)

Hi there!

I just realized that I cannot use my skype account on my Mac nor on my android because Skype demands that I should download an update. I am afraid to this because in the past friends had troubles after downloading updates. So I am in a limbo while my account has credit which i want to use! From an ipad I could access my skype account BUT it showed that I have no credit and no contacts which cannot be. WHAT is goign on with Skype?

Please, let me know what I should do.

Thank you!

michailg

Please use plain text.
michailg
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 10 of 157 (9,786 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling