"Skype needs to authenticate" - any way to stop th...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

"Skype needs to authenticate" - any way to stop this on multiple Macs?

I get this error every time I update Skype - even when manually copying the new Skype.app in to Applications folder, when Skype starts it gives me this error. I have 30 Macs to manage at work - any ideas on what file to change to stop this? Many thanks

London86
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (406 Views)

Re: "Skype needs to authenticate" - any way to stop this on multiple Macs?

Can you please be more specific about exactly what you're seeing and the state of the application when you see it? Are you perhaps getting the "Skype needs authentication…" warning? If so, do you proceed to authenticate? What happens?

Screenshots would be nice.

Nick.K9
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 61
Message 2 of 3 (398 Views)

Re: "Skype needs to authenticate" - any way to stop this on multiple Macs?

Yes I am getting that warning. Well, when I authenticate it with admin creditentials skype starts up. However this is just an unnecessary step - why can't it just silently update like other apps? is there anyway to disable this? because I am an administrator and don't want to go around and type my password on every Mac. Also users can just cancel this and Skype loads anyway..

London86
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (352 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling