no audio

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

no audio

can't hear the person I am calling, they can hear me. Checked audio in preferences. Called echo123, they couldn't hear me

marka
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 31 (22,358 Views)

Re: no audio

I'm having the same problem.  The is NO sound whatsoever, not poor or distorted sound. The video connection is perfect, and the other person can hear me.  I tried the Skype Test Call, and everything seemed fine.  I messaged the other person to also do the Skype Test Call, and she said hers was fine too.  I do not know about echo123.  What is that?  The person I am calling is in Mexico, and I suspect that the problem may be there, because the audio is fine when I Skype with my daughter.

wlm
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 31 (20,578 Views)

I am having the same problem - my partner is is NZ. His cousin in Melbourne can hear him, I am in Perth and I can't! I have read through many posts but can't seem to find a solution - mind you this is my first time. Would love some assistance to find a solution!

suziepeta
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 31 (20,470 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

On Mac :

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10885/

On Windows :

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA897/

Hth

On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:
IMac Intel Core i3 3.2 GHz - RAM 12 GB - OS 10.7.5
Skype 2.8.0.866 + 6.15.0.330
Logitech usb headset or Jabra 250 bt
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 815
Message 4 of 31 (20,467 Views)

Me too. When I dial I hear the usual skype music, adn the first ring, then nothing, bit the person I call can hear me. I'm on a G4, running 10.4.11. I downloaded skype 2.8 (cause I know the new one does not work on my old operating system).

Any joy? any usful suggestions or fixes?

ta

dockrell
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 31 (20,457 Views)

Try using an earphones. Though the setting on mine is for internal speakers - actually I can hear on the earphones!!! So I'm making calls again!
dockrell
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 31 (20,454 Views)

Hey I am new here and well i conn ect perfectly and i can hear the party i am connected with but they cant hear me...any thoughts what to do.  I have tried so many things nothing helps.

gailiscott
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 31 (20,425 Views)

First thing to do is use Skype to call 'echo123' (a Skype audio test) and follow the voice prompts.  If everything's correct on your end, you'll be able to hear your own voice come back to you.  If you cannot hear yourself, you should check the Audio settings in Skype AND Sound setting in System Preferences, ensuring that you've selected an attached audio source.  Then do the echo123 test again.  Be certain, too, that your microphone is not muted.  Do that by toggling between 'mute' and unmute.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 254
Message 8 of 31 (20,422 Views)

I cannot hear and the other person cannot hear me. I go to the audio options and there are no alternatives on the drop down menus, the only option is "NONE".

The audio works for all other programs, iplayer etc. and there are options when I go to the control panel.

This has only happened after a recent download was foisted upon me!

Any thoughts.

ianhcobden
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 31 (20,269 Views)

Re: no audio on earphones ?

somehow cannot get skype on the earphones ?   Can get music and the rest without problem but skype only on computer speakers, and with a very strange tone making it hard to understand the speaking party ???  pls help

dolega
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 31 (20,253 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling