Re: my video keeps freezing and skipping like a br...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

my video keeps freezing and skipping like a broken record

[ Edited ]

My video keeps freezing and skipping in place like a broken record...i have a mac

violacharzard
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 7 (2,800 Views)

Re: my video keeps freezing and skipping like a broken record

I am having this problem too.  Any solutions out there?  I tried completely removing all skype related files as per abot

I got a late 2012 13 inch MacBook Pro Retina

specialtask
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 7 (2,726 Views)

Get that problem when the computer I am Skyping to is moved to a location where the connection is a poor quality wifi.

Problem is just connection quality, and very bad quality to create that effect, sugget using homeplugs to connect a computer that is not close to the router.  Homeplugs use the power wiring to provided a wired Ethernet connection between computers.  Although homeplugs only work on the ring main they are connected to you.

peterchdad2kkec
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 73
Message 3 of 7 (2,719 Views)

It has nothing to do with connection, I'm on my iMac which is directly plugged into the internet and still experience my machine freezing up.

Nichols
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 7 (2,431 Views)

I am having the same issue. i have been having it for awhile. I even reinstalled my OS. I'm starting to think it is an issue with skype to mac. I think Skype changed something that doesn't quite agree with it. 

Kenzielove1357
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (1,731 Views)

You might want to try Skype 6.9 for MAC OSX build 701 released today (vs. the older 6.9 build) to see if anything changes

Skype for MAC OSX 6.9 (701):

http://download.skype.com/macosx/Skype_6.9.0.701.dmg

techfreak
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1455
Message 6 of 7 (1,720 Views)

I think the poster means the connection to the person you are calling. I have the same issue, and also had an issue where one guest had bad connection, my pc as host called repeatedly, and the whole group had bad vid and audio as a result. The problem cleared one the poor guest with poor connection left the group call.

jeremyt
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (1,204 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling