Re: keypad tones not recognized

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

keypad tones not recognized

[ Edited ]

does anyone else have issue with entering keypad tones from skype? I used to be able to check my voicemail, but it now never recognizes my password as the tones are not coming through properly

keithgordonca
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 78 (11,033 Views)

I am trying to call a conference line but can't join because the conference system doesn't pick up my tones right.  I've tried calling five times in case I had a bad connection.

uchinanchu
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 78 (10,914 Views)

I am absolutely furious about this change.  Now I need to know how I can roll back to previous versions because this just isn't going to work for me at all.  I can't join a conference call, check voicemail, call MoviePhone, nothing.  Leave it to Microsoft to take over and leave me in the lurch.  If only I hadn't upgraded just two nights ago before knowing this would happen.

PNixon
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 78 (10,907 Views)

Honestly, this needs to get resolved. 

Skype has been my staple for communication while travelling abroad, and I am grateful to Skype for this, as I am constantly on the move. However, I am completely fedup and frustrated with this issue. I previously had no problems, and it was wonderful to be able to manage things while on the go (making calls regarding banking, paying bills, enquiring with your mobile company). I was happy to spend the money on calling these numbers through skype, as i could do it from virtually anywhere on the planet. However, just today, due to the dial pad not working during a call with an automated phone system, I was charged £89.00 by my mobile company for a phone call that would have cost £0.60 on skype.

How Skype can let this problem continue is beyond me! Please fix this issue immediately!

gjc
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 4 of 78 (10,896 Views)

I used the PC version & iPhone/iPad version of Skype and it does not work. While the Android vesion works! Can you guys please fix it asap? Its driving me crazy.
Dhanush
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 78 (10,888 Views)

Hi,

Are you using the Skype built-in dialpad ?

Displayed by hitting  ⌘2

Hth

On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:
IMac Intel Core i3 3.2 GHz - RAM 12 GB - OS 10.10
Skype 7.0.653
Logitech usb headset or Jabra 250 bt
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1173
Message 6 of 78 (10,882 Views)

Used to work fine and now I cannot use my conference service, retrieve my email etc. Skype has just lost 75% of its value to me and I am a paying customer not just a free user. Seems to not recognize the digits reliably, I tried over 30 times in half an hour to log into a conference service and no way 

Nhartvig
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 78 (10,868 Views)

I just want to add another to the list of frustrated people on this topic.

I posted in another conversation about conference call systems: the problem I've had is that the tones are too long and some systems take each digit as being two digits.  It would sure be nice if there were some way to control this.

mtrantham
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 78 (10,793 Views)

**bleep**e, isn't it ?

Blether333
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 78 (10,755 Views)

I see this has been an issue for a while and they still haven't fixed it!  I used most of a $20 credit trying to check my voice mail.  Finally two days ago I deleted Skype from my computer and downloaded the newest version and it worked perfectly until last night I bought more time, and now the keypad tones don't work at all.  It doesn't matter if I use the computer num pad, the numbers across the top or the keypad on the screen - I am so frustrated.  I don't think they read these postings or something would have been done by now.  Or are we just a few of the millions of users with this problem?  So here I am on vacation, and rented a place without a phone because I thought I could use Skype!!
anneontherock
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 78 (10,660 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling