i can hear them but they cant hear me.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

i can hear them but they cant hear me.

I have a Mac Pro osx10.6.8 and i have down loaded the new version of skype.

I have checked my configerations for my mic on my Mac and it is working fine. I have configured the mic in Skype preferences and all it is showing up in the drop down boxes, but it is not working as the bar is not registering and i can't hear it.

I have uninstalled it, i have re-installed it and i have even installed an older version just to see if it is the new software ,but nothing works. I am now running the newest available version. Is there drivers available to download? i am running out of options and i need this for work.

please help as this is driving me nuts!

kind regards Chris 

chrisklinx
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 13 (7,628 Views)

Re: i can hear them but they cant hear me.

Have you selected "automatically adjust microphone settings" in Preferences?

Are all other applications which have used the mic closed? It may be necessary to restart Skype after using the mic for something else (I've heard others say that but never have needed to myself)

ALotus
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 18
Message 2 of 13 (7,623 Views)

hi yeah "automatically adjust microphone" and yeah all other applications are closed.
chrisklinx
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 13 (7,621 Views)

i am having the same problem and i am paying for a subscription i cant use, let me know if you get this figured out please.

minwage
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 13 (7,437 Views)

Hi, sorry I'm using Windows 7 32-bit and IE 9 , having the same problem. Can you please help me, thanks.
wendy123456789
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 13 (6,117 Views)

Re: I can hear them but they can't hear me.

:catsad:I have new headphones and I can hear my friends but they can't hear me:catsad:

tiggymeows
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 13 (3,590 Views)

Yes I'm having the same problem too, but on the Skype test call u can check if ur settings r fine and if u can hear yourself after recording a message it means its fine, which means that there's something wrong with the other persons audio settings. My friend has found something wrong with his audio settings and doesn't know how to fix it which means he can't hear me.
Posted from Apple iPod Touch
KaliK997
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 13 (2,348 Views)

I"m having the same problem.  I have tried multiple devices and accounts and was begining to think it must be related to poor satelite serivce.  However video and voice calls to computers are working fine.  I would very much like to find a solution to this problem soon.

offgrid
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 13 (1,743 Views)

This is on skype credit. Skype works fine. Skype credit works on my Ipad but NOT my iphone! I have tried everything.
Posted from Apple iPad
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 13 (1,436 Views)

Hi! Is their an update for iOS 7? Coz I'm using an iPad and while using skype, the other end can't hear me but I hear them. Thanks.
Posted from Apple iPad
Pak_gos177
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 13 (1,427 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling