how to fix skype webcam mac

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

how to fix skype webcam mac

[ Edited ]

The webcam for my mac isn't working for skype. It works JUST FINE for Photobooth, and for sending a Video message, but when I call someone, I see them if their camera's on however my camera is just loading and NEVER loads. For the past few months I've been sharing my screen and than using photobooth so that they can see me, but now I'm TIRED OF IT! I'm not sure if Manycam has anything to do with it or iGlasses, because I added those to my mac, but than I completely deleted both of the softwares, yet my camera still ISN'T working while I'm talking to someone. SOS this has been going on for about 5-6 months. It's hard to deal with. I've even gone to the preferences, it's on built in eye sight, the only thing available, but it's not working. Maybe I turned it off or something without knowing?! But I REALLY need help! 

imawesomee
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (1,267 Views)

Re: how to fix skype webcam mac

I have the same issue hear. Newest Skype (6.3 / Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.3). Neither Facetime HD camera nor my Logitech Quickcam 9000 Pro is working. Anyone any idea?
dan_west
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (1,191 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling