how to edit phone number in contact?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: how to edit phone number in contact?

I cannot even figure out how to LOOK at the site that PRIMEMOVER suggests...  I too need help with the same thing :smileymad:

2helpnearvana
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 78 (5,025 Views)

2helpnearvana wrote:

I cannot even figure out how to LOOK at the site that PRIMEMOVER suggests...  I too need help with the same thing :smileymad:

just paste the address mentioned in your browser's address bar.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1661
Message 12 of 78 (5,019 Views)

It doesn't matter who entered the phone number. If I select "Add Contact", enter a person's name, and put the phone number in the Number field, then save it, I can't edit that phone number afterwards. Skype is treating the phone number as if it were a Skype ID. It even says "Skype" to the left of the phone number in the profile, not "Phone number". In Skype 2.8, all I had to do was right-click on a contact and select "Edit Contact", and I could edit the number right there. In Skype 5 I can no longer do that. This needs to be changed.

snowcreative
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 13 of 78 (5,015 Views)

Amen!  I agree.  I love Skype's functionality but the user interface, especially this business of editing phone numbers/contacts is very un-Mac-like!

David

shrinkpod
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 14 of 78 (5,008 Views)

I am using Windows 7 and the latest versionof Skype.  I'm trying to find a way to change a phone number in my contacts list and there is no pulldown menu that allows for this. Am I missing something?  Or is Skype missing something?   This was possible in previous versions of Skype and it ought to be basic.

Edster

Edster
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 15 of 78 (4,989 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hello there!

As  Primemover said, if the phone number of your contact is part of his/her profile information (meaning, you are not the one who added that number), unfortunately, you will never have an option to edit that number. However, if you are the one who added that number, then, Edit link must appear by viewing the contact's profile.

Make sure that you are using Skype 5.2 for Mac.

The same thing if you are using Skype for Windows. Edit icon (pencil like icon) beside the phone number should appear to edit that number. Considering that you are the one who added that number.

However, if you have no ability to edit this, you can ask that specific contact to edit his number in his profile or you can just add the correct phone number.

Did this answer your question or resolve your issue?
Mark it as a solution and click on :(y): Kudos button.
Jestoni
Former Staff
Kudos: 24
Message 16 of 78 (4,985 Views)

Click on the Contact's name.  Click on the tag "Mobile."  Click on the pencil icon.  The phone number appears and can be edited directly.  Remember to save it.

Hammy259
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 17 of 78 (4,967 Views)

All Skype (version 5.3.1074) contacts are controlled through the OSX Address Book. If you want to edit, add or delete a contact, do it in Address Book. The changes are immediate.

humanloathing
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 18 of 78 (4,936 Views)

[ Edited ]

Snowcreative gives a perfect description of the problem that Mac users of Skype version 5.3.x are facing. Here's some additional detail. If you type in a number to place a Skype-Out call and then wish to add that number to your Skype Addresses, you right click the number that appears in the left column and select "Show Profile". The profile appears with a button in the upper right corner that says "Add Contact". If you click that button Skype automatically creates a contact and the default action is: the contact is created and given the phone number as its name (in the top section of the profile, weird, but can be edited by a click), and in the second section of the profile the same PHONE number appears and is automatically labeled "Skype". This number CANNOT BE EDITED. THIS IS THE PROBLEM!! If I right click the word "Skype" nothing happens. If I right click the phone number the option that appears is "Copy" which is not helpful for editing. If I right click the chat icon, nothing happens. If I click on "Add Number" which appears in blue under the telephone number that has been labeled "Skype" then I can add another number. This is no help though because I already have added the number I want!! P.S. I checked my Address Book and none of the numbers that I add in Skype appear in my address book - so that is NOT the way around this. Skype grabs numbers from the address book, but does not add anything in the opposite direction. That would be a real mess!

dbhudnut
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 19 of 78 (4,822 Views)

Hi

I also have the same problem as many others. I have Skype 5.3.59.1093 on my macbook pro and a skype update has put +44 for UK in front of all my numbers, including ones that already have +1 for Canada. I can find no way of editing them. Clicking on the green down arrow by the contacts number does not even give me the option of adding a number. Very frustrating!!!

chopperchief
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 20 of 78 (4,783 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling