how to edit phone number in contact?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

how to edit phone number in contact?

I'm using Skype 5.1.0.968 on latest  Mac OS and cannot figure how to edit/change/delete a phone number that I have created in the contacts list.  I've tried everything I can think of!!!

Please use plain text.
shrinkpod
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 1 of 78 (8,918 Views)

Re: how to edit phone number in contact?

Hi Shrinkpod!  I think you can find the answer here;

support.skype.com/en/faq/FA10811/How-do-I-add-phone-numbers-to-a-contact-s-profile-in-Skype-for-Mac-OS-X?frompage=search&q=edit+contact&fromSearchFirstPage=false

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES
SEE MORE TIPS, TRICKS, TUTORIALS AND UPDATES in
| skypefordummies.blogspot.com | 

Please use plain text.
Primemover
Power User
Kudos: 1653
Message 2 of 78 (8,906 Views)

Thanks.  However, I don't seem to have an edit button next to some of the phone numbers.  For example, I somehow have my son's phone number but without the +1 indicating that it is in the U.S.  I'd like to be able to delete that phone number for him while at the same time retaining the correct one that does have the +1 and retaining his Skype name.  There is no edit button next to the bad phone number.  So I'm still stuck.

Please use plain text.
shrinkpod
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 78 (8,899 Views)

Please right click on the SkypeOut contact, can you edit it?

Please use plain text.
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 500
Message 4 of 78 (8,897 Views)

No, unfortunately right-clicking doesn't allow deleting or editing, either

Please use plain text.
shrinkpod
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 78 (8,895 Views)

[ Edited ]

Ok, noted, did not realize that the mac versions did not supoport this same method as the Windows release.

Please use plain text.
TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 500
Message 6 of 78 (8,892 Views)

shrinkpod wrote:

Thanks.  However, I don't seem to have an edit button next to some of the phone numbers.  For example, I somehow have my son's phone number but without the +1 indicating that it is in the U.S.  I'd like to be able to delete that phone number for him while at the same time retaining the correct one that does have the +1 and retaining his Skype name.  There is no edit button next to the bad phone number.  So I'm still stuck.

Just to clarify, you can only edit numbers that you included under a certain contact's profile.  If the one who added that number is the contact himself, the edit option will not be available.  

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!
ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Please use plain text.
Primemover
Power User
Message 7 of 78 (8,891 Views)

I'm thinking maybe these are numbers that I added in an earlier version of Skype and maybe that's why the current version isn't allowing me to edit them.  I'm pretty sure these are numbers that I would have put in myself.  Does this seem possible?

Please use plain text.
shrinkpod
Casual Adventurer
Message 8 of 78 (8,888 Views)

shrinkpod wrote:

I'm thinking maybe these are numbers that I added in an earlier version of Skype and maybe that's why the current version isn't allowing me to edit them.  I'm pretty sure these are numbers that I would have put in myself.  Does this seem possible?

I'm not sure, but I think you can ask the contact in question if the number you wish to edit also appears when they view their own profile.  

Please use plain text.
Primemover
Power User
Message 9 of 78 (8,885 Views)

I'm running into the same problem, also using a Mac, even with the latest version off Skype...

What happens is that the contacts from my personal Adresbook are imported to skype and skype automatically puts in the landcode(+31 for the Netherlands). I have some american nummers in my adresbook that did not have the US landcode in front of the numbers yet. Now skype has added +31 in front of the US numbers. 

And I can't find a way to edit these numbers......

anyone can help?? Please do!

Please use plain text.
MIB
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 78 (8,861 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling