It seems that in message boards like this, the search function never returns quite what you're looking for but someone will always come up with the link. Hopefully here I will either find or create that. I am running the most recent (almost positive) version of Skype 188.8.131.52. I'll do this in list form just to make it easier to read.
- It appears that I have lost a chunk of my chat history at the end of my "pre-update" period and into the days of "post-update". Is that around somewhere to find or did it dissapear?
- I also think that this version doesn't sync anymore with another computer if you are logged on in two places or the history that skype has saved on its database/server/(the real name for it) if you are logged on. I have tried this by having chats on one computer, then leaving that computer logged on while logging onto skype in another computer but having no chat history come rushing in like it used to.
- For some contacts, in the conversation window there is only the option to see this past weeks chat history even though I'm pretty sure that history should be longer on this computer and definitely longer on a desktop I am not in the same state as currently. There is also no more right-click on contact and select history function, where did it go?
- I've read that this newest version saves your chat history for 30 days, I assume this means at Skype Central somewhere and might explain my lack of history, but I have my history preference set to "forever." What's going on here?
- If I don't have the length of chat history in the conversation window that I (think I should have) on this computer available, does that mean its just not there and accessible by some means, or is it gone?
Thank you in advance, just trying to make an easily accessible, clear, and concise list of what it seems like are common questions.