Webcam Mobility Lab VX6 on Skype v. 2.8.0.866

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Webcam Mobility Lab VX6 on Skype v. 2.8.0.866

There is anybody who knows how to resolve my problem with the webcam Mobility Lab VX6 on Skype? (I don't have anymore the original drivers)

Using Macam the webcam runs, on Mercury too (although is not supported yet the audio/video conference for Mac I can see my cam working) but on Skype it doesn't recognized, it keep saying "no webcam", and it's the same for iChat and Yahoo...

I'm using:

iBook G4 with OX 10.4.11

Skype 2.8.0.866

Macam 0.9.2 >>> components already saved in QuickTime (7.5.5) Library Macintosh HD

I'm going crazy trying to find a solution...thanks to everybody could help me!

Claudia79
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (960 Views)

Re: Webcam Mobility Lab VX6 on Skype v. 2.8.0.866

I have the same problem so please answer quickly >w<
Because I have a Mac PowerPc,I only have Skype version 2,8

And I can see and hear the person with whom I talk but they can only hear me and not see me
I have a Logitech Webcam

Nazake_C
Casual Tourist
Message 2 of 4 (753 Views)

same here, I'm able to see the other webcams and do voice calls as well, but not use the video on my side...it's frustrating because I can't find out the problem!
Claudia79
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 4 (749 Views)

Bad service Skype!!! Im trying to track this error since I upgrade to OSX Leopard and you guys do not provide any feedback at all!!!

I had to buy another webcam or use a virtual machine with windows to have Webcam Mobility Lab VX6 working... DAMM BAD SERVICE when I gave already loads of money to you guys!!!

Even now that I have a new cam Im still fighting over this crapp as that cam is crashing my application whenever starting up as Skype preferences do no save the previous settings!!!

Would be nice to have some feedback from you guys, heim!?

This is my short crash report:

Process:         Skype [4235]
Path:            /Applications/Skype.app/Contents/MacOS/Skype
Identifier:      com.skype.skype
Version:         5.7.0.1037 (5.7.0.1037)
Code Type:       X86 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [284]

Date/Time:       2012-05-07 19:34:42.771 +0200
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
Report Version:  6

hsrego
Casual Tourist
Message 4 of 4 (533 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling