Re: We have signed you out because you are using a...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: We have signed you out because you are using an outdated version of Skype

This is just typical corporate takeovers eating up the hole place.

no doubt someone is getting a fat bonus…Their's Money in ordering Disorder Chaos PAYS

Cheek out of Skype… Should Be Taking Down.

steven007
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 24 (371 Views)

How did you  get back on I have the same computor and they signed me  out this week I have monies in Skype account please help

joycedyke
Novel Adventurer
Message 12 of 24 (351 Views)

mpoinar wrote:

My outdated version of skype is 6.8, my imac is only 4 years old andn is using system 10.6.8. 

When I go to download the updated version of Skype, it tells me I need Maverick to do to and I can't update to Maverick so what do I do? My 4 year old computer can use skype? 

Is there any way around this? What can I do? 

Thank you so much.

Martha

Gee, you are lucky, Martha. It has told me nothing. But a conversation with my son elicits: I would be better off using "Face Time" which is a Mac app. I am supposed to go to the apple store and ask to upgrade so I can use this. He does not think it will cost much. "About $30." My Mac is 10.5.8. So this is what I am going to do - soon. Skype is being less than helpful and they owe me money too. I now have a hate relationship with Skype. It is totally unresponsive. 

Frick

frickthoughts
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 13 of 24 (320 Views)

Gee, you are lucky, Martha. It has told me nothing. But a conversation with my son elicits: I would be better off using "Face Time" which is a Mac app. I am supposed to go to the apple store and ask to upgrade so I can use this. He does not think it will cost much. "About $30." My Mac is 10.5.8. So this is what I am going to do - soon. Skype is being less than helpful and they owe me money too. I now have a hate relationship with Skype. It is totally unresponsive. 

Frick

Oh dear, I hit "kudo"by accident and don't even know what that means.

Frick, I just don't know, Skype never got back to me and they said they would within 24 hours. I had emailed them a few times.

I have Facetime but you can only use it with others who have Facetime. I was just "lucky" with that SKYPE download. It said you needed Maverick and I don't even have it.

Martha

mpoinar
Casual Adventurer
Message 14 of 24 (312 Views)

I have managed to cancel Skype - completely as that seemed to be the best. My whole family has Macs and can do facetime. I still have an eye on my credit card account to make sure they do not steal $10 which I have not authorized. Then I will erase them, to the best of my ability, forever. I do not deal with scum who do not offer any customer service. Having posted a tirade about Skype as corporate criminals on FB, I have not been able to comment on anyone else's posts. Coincidence? This has cost me most of the morning and the help of my son. Now maybe I can have BF and go make some lovely bowls and mugs for my appreciative public. (Potter) Good luck, Martha. Modern tech is great when it is comprehensible. "Customer service" is an oxymoron.

frickthoughts
Casual Adventurer
Message 15 of 24 (303 Views)

Oh no about FB, I wonder too ... hmmm....

Enjoy your pottery and Facetime! Be well and happy. :happy:

Martha

mpoinar
Casual Adventurer
Message 16 of 24 (300 Views)

Same here!

Skype made me download new version but the same mesage keeps appearing onscreen!

so no way around it, people? any geniuses out there who have found a way to get our old Skype back????

puzzledandangry
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 17 of 24 (273 Views)

Obviously Skype has no geniuses, no "customer service", no sense of responsobility to the public, no.... I quit trying and cancelled. Skype is a corporate criminal. It lies and steals our money.

frickthoughts
Casual Adventurer
Message 18 of 24 (264 Views)

The easy fix for this is posted throughout this forum, but here it is again.

1) If you have been forced to download a new version that does not work for you, then find and download your original Skype version at http://www.oldapps.com/mac/skype.php

2) Install your preferred version of Skype

3) In your Applications folder, right click (or Ctrl-click) on your prefered version of  Skype app and select "Show package contents".

4) Navigate to "Contents", make a backup copy of info.plist, then "edit" (right click/Ctrl-click, select Open with) the original info.plist, use textedit, dashcode, or your preferred editor.

5) Look for CFBundle version, change it to 6.15.0.334 and save the info.plist.

6) Skype will now think it is the latest version, and will not prevent you from signing in, although you may get some random pop-up the first time you run it.

7) Now open skype and it should work fine.

This fix has worked for a lot of people, but Skype support and the admins on this forum will not/cannot officially tell you about it.

PaulMcG
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 19 of 24 (258 Views)

I just want to get signed back in I have an account its not good

joycedyke
Novel Adventurer
Message 20 of 24 (228 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling