Video doesn't work on my macbook pro

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Video doesn't work on my macbook pro

I don't know what to do, can someone help me please? The new version I just installed is not working when I click on the video it freezes the screen and I really need it to work, because I use it every day!

Thank you!

Deborah

tartarugafeliz
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 19 (33,874 Views)

Re: Video doesn't work on my macbook pro

As Insane as this sounds, please try:

Go into Date & Time in System Preferences, and disabled "set date & time automatically".

Any difference?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Kudos: 653
Message 2 of 19 (33,873 Views)

it was disabled already.... I still have the same issue :sad:

tartarugafeliz
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 19 (33,871 Views)

[ Edited ]

What is the make and model of the CAM, assuming it is external?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 4 of 19 (33,868 Views)

its the built in camera that comes on the macbook pro

tartarugafeliz
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 19 (33,862 Views)

Please see this, you will need to copy/paste the link below into your browser window:

support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA830/I-set-up-video-but-it-doesn-t-work-on-my-Mac-What-can-I-do

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 6 of 19 (33,859 Views)

I have Apple iSight installed and it recognizes inside the panel audio/video on skype. I also have 2.5 G Inter Core i5 on my mac...

When I installed skype, on the first screen when it tells you to configure everything, my camera worked fine and the resolution was amazing. but when I go to the preferences, it doesn't show. and when I try to make a call it freezes everything. it seems that the camera is working, because I can see the green light on the cam sinalizing that its working, but skype doesn't seem to understand it... I don't know... maybe this version is not for macbook Pro users after all...

tartarugafeliz
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 19 (33,855 Views)

In your case only and only your case, maybe you should try to re-install an older version, and then try upgrading once more. Please note you will need to copy/paste the link below to your browser window:

mac.oldapps.com/skype.php

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 8 of 19 (33,853 Views)

yes, its really a shame, I can't use the new version, I even tried to add a contact and its just crashing... thanks for trying anyway.

tartarugafeliz
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 19 (33,851 Views)

Well maybe falling back to an older release and trying the latest release again, might help?

TheUberOverLord
Aviator
Message 10 of 19 (33,849 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling