Unauthorized transactions

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Unauthorized transactions

While I was using the Skype this morning, I received a number of pop up messages saying, either my auto-recharge was been cancelled, then it was enabled, then this was repeated several times, then it started to charge my credit card for recharge while my account still have enough $$. I received a phone call from my credit card company at noon time and I was told that Skype had attempted to charge my account eight times this morning, one time for $10, then three times for $60 each, then four times for $125 each.

I felt that someone had broken into the Skype user profile and started to charge my credit card under Skype's name.  I turned off the auto-charge but I think whoever can break into this profile had the ability to turn it on off at will, so turn it off had no use to this people. I had to cancel my credit card in order to stop this from happening.

I figured I must be not the only victim this morning. It is sad that Skype user account was this easy to get broken into. I am not sure how I can safely re-charge my account in the future without this kind of problems.

8parkman
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 1 (130 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling