Re: Transfer chat history from PC (XP) to Mac (OS ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

Transfer chat history from PC (XP) to Mac (OS X 10.8.4)

Hi,

I looked in the threads but couldn't find anything to properly help me. I would like to transfer my chat history from my Windows XP to my Mac Book Pro (OS X 10.8.4). Can someone please help by providing detailed instructions? Thank you in advance!!

Accepted Solution

by Saleen

I found the soluation. This video helped me find the Skype chat history on my PC: http://youtu.be/EyR7gnkUKyA

Then after copying that file from the YouTube video above, I went to this location on my Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Skype/<your skype user name>

When you see the folder with your Skype user name, open it and find the same file name you copied from the YouTube video above. Paste the file you copied from your PC into this folder on your Mac and now you will have your Skype chat history on your Mac.

View solution in original post
Saleen
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (2,321 Views)

Re: Transfer chat history from PC (XP) to Mac (OS X 10.8.4)

I found the soluation. This video helped me find the Skype chat history on my PC: http://youtu.be/EyR7gnkUKyA

Then after copying that file from the YouTube video above, I went to this location on my Mac: ~/Library/Application Support/Skype/<your skype user name>

When you see the folder with your Skype user name, open it and find the same file name you copied from the YouTube video above. Paste the file you copied from your PC into this folder on your Mac and now you will have your Skype chat history on your Mac.

Saleen
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 8 (2,276 Views)

Hello,

I use OS Mavericks 10.9.  The path that has been listed for mac doesn't seem to contain skype floder anymore.

And I can't seems to locate it, even within terminal.

Where can I find the folder to place main.db file on OS Mavericks?

Thanks!

zakhar112
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 8 (957 Views)

Hi, I just checked on Mavericks and all the steps are the same. If you don't see the main.db file on your Mac, maybe it's bc you need to first sign into skype on your mac so the file is created and then sign out and follow the steps listed. All my instructions still work since I just tested it. 

Saleen
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (941 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi, I also cannot find the path ~/Library/Application Support/Skype/ in my computer (with OS Mavericks). Skype is not included in Application Support folder. Can you please help me?

Thanks.

evucha
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 8 (814 Views)

Sorry, but what I stated above is the only way I can find it. Odd that it's not in the same location. Sorry I can't help since I can't repeat what you're experiencing. 

Saleen
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (806 Views)

I'm not certain this will get you where you want to go, but it's worth a try.  In the Finder, enter CMD-Shift-G, then type in the file path.  That should reveal the hidden folder.  You can then scroll through the list of files until you see something appealing...

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 255
Message 7 of 8 (801 Views)

mkichaa wrote:

I'm not certain this will get you where you want to go, but it's worth a try.  In the Finder, enter CMD-Shift-G, then type in the file path.  That should reveal the hidden folder.  You can then scroll through the list of files until you see something appealing...

It works! Thank you!

evucha
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 8 (788 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling