They can't see my video

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

They can't see my video

Hi I use an apple. the green light on the webcam is always on and they cant see my video. Pls do tell me how to fix the problem. Thankyou.

RDK125
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 5 (4,467 Views)

Re: They can't see my video

Open Skype preferences (from menu below Skype name top of screen), click on the Video tab at the top of the page, & tell us what you see.

The other more likely possibility is that your internet connection is not good.  I make regular calls to a computer on the edge of the router range their end, when the home (or whole internet such as Saturday evening..) network their end is very busy, & the connection weak, it can take a minute or several for the video feed to arrive here, sometime with a lag of up to a minute behind audio.  The upload side of most internet connections is usually much much less than the download side.  There are numerous websites to test your internet connection, and suggest how to get the best from, usually giving up & download speeds. However, connection speed can change dramatically with internet conjestion.

peterchdad2kkec
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 20
Message 2 of 5 (4,447 Views)

They cant see my video either since I upgraded to 5.8.  I run Mountain Lion. Under Skype>preferences>audio/video the screen is black - the correct cam is selected since i only have the one.Speed is not an issue.The inbuilt isight camera is not an issue since photo booth works fine ( although the camera will quit sometimes when skype is launched and can be recovered only by a memory reset).I've tried with all applications including browsers quit as suggested by Skype support without result.Friends are using 5.8 OK on Mountain Lion so why not me and you?

marnshi
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 5 (4,421 Views)

When I video call someone ,the person doesnt see me but I do.I havent installed mountain lion yet. pls help

ek1003999
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 5 (4,401 Views)

marnshi wrote:

The inbuilt isight camera is not an issue since photo booth works fine ( although the camera will quit sometimes when skype is launched and can be recovered only by a memory reset).I've tried with all applications including browsers quit as suggested by Skype support without result.Friends are using 5.8 OK on Mountain Lion so why not me and you?

Hi, Photo Booth could be your problem. Skype doesn't like Face time, ichat (messages) or Photobooth being open as all of those take priority and won't give the camera back. Close all those programmes, including Skype. Then restart Skype on its own and see what happens. You should, hopefully, have your video back so that your contacts can see you.

rwakeford
Honorary Adventurer
Kudos: 138
Message 5 of 5 (4,395 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling