They can't hear me!!

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

They can't hear me!!

I upgraded the other day and now when I call, skype to phone, or, skype to skype, I can;t be heard.  I  can hear them, I can hear myself in the headset, I can get video, but they can not hear me.  I have looked at the settings and can't find out why this is.

Thanks

Dwayne

dhj
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 19 (5,515 Views)

Re: They can't hear me!!

Hi, I am having the same problem.  I looked up "everything" to set it all up correctly and all seems set up right!  However, no one can hear me...video works and I can hear them but they just can't hear me.  It has worked for years but recently I had to replace the hard drive and have had this problem since.  Hope you and I get some help here???

bandt4ever
Novel Adventurer
Message 2 of 19 (5,504 Views)

Hi, 

You might also check your Audio and MIDI settings from Utilities folder.

Maybe your mic needs some adjustment.

Thereafter, by calling 'echo123', you can ensure by yourself that your microphone settings are configured correctly... or not yet !

Hth

On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:
IMac Intel Core i3 3.2 GHz - RAM 12 GB - OS 10.9.4
Skype 2.8.0.866 + 6.19.0.442
Logitech usb headset or Jabra 250 bt
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1008
Message 3 of 19 (5,494 Views)

Does anyone from Skype read or respond to these messages -- or are we crying into the wilderness??

Is there any tech support at all??

anitagold1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 19 (5,164 Views)

Have you read Foyan's response? Have you tried it?

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 298
Message 5 of 19 (5,161 Views)

Have the same problem and can't find help. cghecked as you mentioned but to no avail.

amazinggrace
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 19 (5,122 Views)

I don't know what's meant by 'utilities' folder.

Where do I find it?

I have a new HP.

thanks

anitagold1
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 19 (5,113 Views)

Foyan's response was directed to Mac users (this is the Mac subforum).  Although many Mac users are knowledgeable about Windows' intricacies and may reply here, you may have a faster response if you were to post in the Windows subforum.

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Kudos: 298
Message 8 of 19 (5,107 Views)

Amen! I'm having same problem. When I used my credit for minutes, I called UK and had a perfectly clear connection both ways today on a headset and did a test call that was successful. 30 minuties later, When I signed up for unlimited landline, I callled same #. I could hear them clearly, but they could not hear me except for intermittent echos. Why doesn't skype have a # to call? This is not good customer service eh? Hope we get help soon.

celtcpp
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 19 (4,760 Views)

I used to be ableto beheard until I upgraded as well. Now through two upgrades I still cannot be heard. I pay for the monthly subscription and am not able to be heard! Terrible customer servicewith Skype. We need to be able to call for help by phine., Typing for support has been to no avail!!! Thisa has been going on now more than a year. Many are experiencing the samne problem., why can't skype help us???

amazinggrace
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 19 (4,756 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling