Stuck on the My Account page and can't advance

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Stuck on the My Account page and can't advance

I keep trying to get on to Skype but I am stuck on the "My Account" page every time I log in.  It says my profile is 80% complete.  I can't seem to improve that and I have no idea how to advance to the point where I am actually able to make video calls.  Can anyone help?

thanks!

jmargolis
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 11 (2,675 Views)

Re: Stuck on the My Account page and can't advance

To make calls, you must download and install the Skype application.  Skype calls are not made from within a browser.  You can download from the 'downloads' tab at the top of this forum page.  Once you have done so, open the Skype.dmg file that you will find in your Downloads folder.  Drag/drop the Skype icon to the right and plunk it onto the Applications folder icon IN THAT WINDOW to install.  You will then be able to open it from your Applications folder and sign in using your Skypename and password.  

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 342
Message 2 of 11 (2,672 Views)

Yes, I know.  I have done this on multiple occasions and I am able to succesffuly sign in, but once I do I get to the "My Account" page where it says my profile is 80% complete.  There are no obvious options where I can advance to actually start searching for my contacts and to make video calls.  How do I get off the "My Account" page and actually start to use Skype.  It's not a sign in issue.

thanks.

jmargolis
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 11 (2,668 Views)

If you are in fact using the Skype application, you should see a screen similar to the one illustrated below.  If you don't see this, or if it's there but you cannot do anything once there, you may have a corrupted application.  The only thing I can suggest in that case is that you download and install Skype again.  If that fails to solve the issue, perhaps others on this forum can be more helpful.

add contacts.jpg

--
Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem.
mkichaa
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 342
Message 4 of 11 (2,661 Views)

I am having the same problem as Jmargolis regarding not being able to advance from My Account page and make calls.  Your "solution" does not help.   I have downloaded the Skype application to my desktop and android tablet.  Same problem with both.  Have been using Skype to make calls for the last few months.  Worked beautifully.  Now I can't make calls and I had just added credit but cannot use it.  

We need a "solution" that works.  Obviously there is a problem that MANY users are having!!!!!!!!

paulareed
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 11 (2,420 Views)

Yes, me too. Worked fine on my old laptop using vista; on the new one with windows 8, done all suggested above, but still stuck just like you guys. Absolutely brilliant isn't it? Such wonderful advances in technology they keep coming up with!!!

cracked-up
Casual Adventurer
Message 6 of 11 (2,124 Views)

i am having exactly the same problem

i am very frustrated that something so basic doesnt work! 

stop upgrading if you cant manage something as basic as me being able to get to my contacts! 

malcolmbrave
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 11 (1,638 Views)

Please provide a screenshot of the problem you're seeing. And be aware, this thread is in the Mac forum.
Posted from Apple iPhone
Nick.K9
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 74
Message 8 of 11 (1,624 Views)
Nick.K9
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 74
Message 9 of 11 (1,464 Views)

Help help

I´m also stuck on "my account" page

I have tried to reinstall skype and it doesn´t work

What can I do

Gitte Lykkedrage

Denmark

gittelykkedrage
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 11 (1,273 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling