Re: Stop asking me to confirm to quit

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

This is ridiculous.

I can't believe the tone of 'Neil' - clearly everyone is frustrated with this ridiculous feature and it needs addressing.

When I come to shut down my mac, my efforts are always hampered by this absurd dialog box.

HOW CAN WE TURN IT OF??

baselogic
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 21 of 52 (1,161 Views)

It is not only a problems with Mac, but also windows. They released a new version update a few days back, and this annoying dialog is still there.

nikhilnikhil118
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 20
Message 22 of 52 (1,151 Views)

Oh, this SO deserves a kudos. Bump! I just wish it wasn't posted under Mac, because I'm running Win7 and yes, the dialog from hell pisses me off too.

candyman
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 23 of 52 (1,126 Views)

This is so frustrating! Please fix this! Mac users should be able to opt not to show this frustrating dialogue upon quitting Skype.

tsonye
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 24 of 52 (1,103 Views)

+1 for getting rid of this dialog. It annoys the heck out of me too.

redisant
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 25 of 52 (1,080 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is something I have been trying to get rid of for a year now.  I just figured it out.  I am running Skype 5.6.0.143 on a Mac.  I was not keeping any chat history as I am sure most of us are not.  When I changed that setting in preferences to save chat history for 1 month the dialog box went away when I quit.  

Now I don't want to save my chat history nor do I want the dialog box.  But given a choice between the two I would rather save my history rather than having an update fail due to the dialog box.

Hope this helps.  One of Neil's posts gave me a hint.  Thanks Neil.

pastorvoigt
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 26 of 52 (1,069 Views)

Sadly enough, this option has no effect and doesn't work.
nikhilnikhil118
Casual Adventurer
Message 27 of 52 (1,053 Views)

[ Edited ]

I would rather talk with customer support on the phone for 45 minutes 

0 Kudos
ahainen55
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 28 of 52 (1,039 Views)

ahainen55 wrote:

Hello ahainen55,

I've had to edit your posts as they contravene Skype's guidelines.

I would be grateful if you would bear this section in mind.

Thank you.

"You are expected to maintain a helpful, respectful tone when posting. Opinions are welcome, but they may not escalate into flaming and rudeness against Skype, its staff, other forum members or any other party."

SKYPE STAFF MODERATOR & BETA TESTER
TIME ZONE - US EASTERN [UTC MINUS 5 HOURS]. LOCATION - PHILADELPHIA, PENNSYLVANIA, USA.

I recommend that you always run the latest software version: Windows & Mac

If my advice helped to fix your issue please mark it as a solution to help others.
Please note that I generally don't respond to unsolicited Private Messages. Thank you.
0 Kudos
NormanM
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 1527
Message 29 of 52 (1,018 Views)

Hi Norman,

I'm surprised to see a moderator edit a user's contravening statement as soon as he posts, but not work on to solve the root cause of this issue. I believe it is because of which this topic is getting lenthened and delayed.

It simply means that Skype developers know that the problem exists, but don't want to solve it.

nikhilnikhil118
Casual Adventurer
Message 30 of 52 (1,005 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling