Skype freezes on Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype freezes on Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks

[ Edited ]

Hi,

Whenever I open the IM window, I get this popup:

Internal Error

Then, Skype freezes and I have to force quit it. Sometimes, it even causes my computer to restart.

However, yesterday, this was never a problem. Help!

Specs of my computer:

Model: Macbook Air 2012

Operating system: OSX 10.9 Mavericks

Thanks in advance!

-LegendApache

LegendApache
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (4,501 Views)

Re: Skype freezes on Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks

The latest version of Skype for Mac may crash when running on OS X 10.9 as it is mentioned in Apple's release notes for Mavericks.

You can also check this thread http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/Skype-is-not-working-on-new-iOS-10-9-Mavericks/td-p/1682025

MisterB
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 299
Message 2 of 5 (4,466 Views)

Hello 

skype not working on mac os x 10.9 .Skype -6.0.0.2946 and Skype -2.8.0.866 old version skype is working MAC OSX 10.9( Skype 2.8.0.866 (43.49 MB).Skype 6.0.0.2946 (32.79 MB) 

jacob0022
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 5 (2,011 Views)

This is really amateur work! Here I am on Mavericks 10.9.3 and it refuses to work! It won't even correctly trash the old app! Have to find another app, as Skype apparently couldn't care less. PITA!

Wheels1955
Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (859 Views)

[ Edited ]

there was another post that recommended trying a new account, so I logged in as a guest and guess what? It worked. 

Apparently there is some really bad engineering around the personalisation files that the engineers on the thread felt was indicative of slapshod and indifferent work. 

I am disappointed - I've used skype for almost 10 years and now have to change because a few pampered Redmond engineers can't be bothered to provide the level of service that the Talinn based startup could.    It is really a sign of the new Microsoft that they buy marketshare and damage users, instead of the olds days of build their own products and screw users.. or was that ever the case?  Oh yeah - quick and dirty OS! Foxbase! It's all coming back to me - this is their business model! 

... still, with so much money in the bank and a dedicated user base, you could at least make an effort and try not to screw things up. Very disappointing.

unhappyUserSkyp
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 5 (828 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling