Re: Skype for Mountain Lion not working

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

[ Edited ]

The only way I could make Skype work on ML is to right-click on app icon > show content > browse to 'Contents\MacOS\' and double click on Skype Unix file. It opens the terminal and starts the app. Hope this helps.

PS. Don't close terminal window or Skype will close...

PapaOscarZulu
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 81 of 83 (281 Views)

Hello guys, i have the same problem. When I update SnowLeo to MountainLion some programms don't started, for example: Google Chrome, VLC, Skype. Problem was at monitoring program names Refog, when I uninstall it everything goes fine. You can check it, if you have process names "smoke" in Activity monitor you have the Refog. 

(c) source

tech.mikhail
Novel Tourist
Message 82 of 83 (250 Views)

That's what did it for me!

I had downloaded the latest version from Skype web page.

It was 2.8.  Nothing I did would work to get it running.

I ended up finally finding this thread and the link to the older version of Skype (oddly with a much higher version # 6.:cool:

Installed it and things worked perfectly and immediately.  

Come on, guys and gals at Skype--please fix whatever's wrong with the version we download directly from your website!

starshipguy
Novel Tourist
Message 83 of 83 (68 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling