Skype don't show up in pavucontrol

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype don't show up in pavucontrol

Hi,

I have a setup with multiple audio I/Os and would like to define what input and output Skype will use.

My audio setup works perfectly but Skype do not appear in Playback nor Recording panes in pavucontrol like other apps like Vlc or Vbox.

I do have <Pulse Audio Server (local)> in Skype audio options but the test sound plays as "System Sound" in pavucontrol

I'm running OpenSuse 11.4_X64 with pulseaudio-0.9.22-6.9.1.x86_64

JF-Bogaerts
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (555 Views)

Re: Skype don't show up in pavucontrol

Hi again,

The issue is solved and was raised due to skype strange behavior...

1 - for some reasons the audio test sound is ALLWAYS played in Pulseaudio System Sounds stream.

2 - Skype application appears in pavucontrol ONLY while in conversation !!!

So you need for example to call the "Echo Sound Test Service" (or place a test call from the audio
     options) in order to setup your Skype audio parameters in Pulseaudio....

May I suggest to developpers to make Skype appear in pavucontrol as soon as Skype is running even without being engaged in a conversation ?

Hope this will be helpfull for someone.

JF-Bogaerts
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (553 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling