Skype bug typing accents in chat windows?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype bug typing accents in chat windows?

Greetings,

Ever since i configured IBus in my Ubuntu 11.04 with both the Portuguese PT and the Japanese inputs, i lost the ability to correctly write in Portuguese, since the accents don't get typed properly. For example, if i try to write "á" it always types "´a". I tried with other programs, including various text editors, and i only have this problem with skype in the chat windows.

Does anyone have any idea how to solve this?

Apparently it's only a skype problem working with IBus since i haven't got this problem with any other program in Ubuntu so far, and it was working well before i set it to work with the Japanese input, that by the way, is working just fine.

Togotogo81
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 7 (1,316 Views)

Re: Skype bug typing accents in chat windows?

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem. I running Arch Linux with skype 4.1.0.20-2. I keyboard switch between Greek and English and the problem only occurs in Skype.

Edit: It appears to be a bug within QT applications.

guriinii
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 7 (1,093 Views)

No solution yet? I have the same issue on Ubuntu 12.10 64bits. It appears once I configurated IBus.
pampuero
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 7 (1,038 Views)

Hi,

I have the same problem with Fedora 18 64bits.

But in Fedora 17 64bits was working fine.

mvrk69
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 7 (967 Views)

Not sure if it will work on Debian based distros, but this works fine in Fedora 18:

yum install ibus-qt.i686

Then, in a terminal:

export QT_IM_MODULE=ibus

You can make the change permanent by placing the line above in your .bashrc file.

c_kottic_g
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 7 (822 Views)

I tried this on Arch Linux with no success.
guriinii
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 7 (813 Views)

I'm having the same issue on manjaro 3.8.13-1-MANJARO skype 4.2.0.11 in latam spanish. When typing ´a I get ´a instead of the expected á

dabito
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 7 (514 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling