Screen Sharing Sound

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Screen Sharing Sound

Is it possible to share screens with someone and at the same time let the other person hear what is happening on your computer? If I want to show a video on my screen sharing while I have a headset I can't get the sound to carry over as well. I have tried changing the audio settings in my system preferences and skype preferences but it will only give me the one option for input and for output of my headphones. How can I share sound and my screen while wearing headphones with a mic?

jamesphillipson
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 11 (11,796 Views)

Re: Screen Sharing Sound

I have the same question except that I'm on a pc not a mac. The other person can see the video on my screen, but can't hear the sound. She can hear me. I can hear myself, the video, and the other person through my headphones (with a mic).

Dusmuster
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 11 (11,650 Views)

Same here!  I want to play video (with audio) while screen sharing during video meetings to small groups.  I want them to be able to hear the audio track on the video.  It seems Skype can't handle that.  is it true?

stevecropper1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 11 (10,805 Views)

I have the same problem.  Anyone ever get an answer/solve this problem?

dafna
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 11 (10,699 Views)

I would also like this question to be answered, if i figure it out i will put it on this forum.

aaron5837327849
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 11 (10,686 Views)

have you found out how to share screen and audio as yet?

bujii007
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 11 (10,468 Views)

Same here :\ Skype needs to fix this...

DeHam
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (10,001 Views)

I have Skype Premium and I also want to screen share QuickTime videso. We can hear each other, see each other and see the QuickTime video.  I can hear the QuickTime audio on my end, she can't on her end.  How can we get an answer as to how to make this work?  Or how can we alert Skype that it is a problem?

mariway2
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 11 (9,702 Views)
Larry
Moderator icon
Kudos: 78
Message 9 of 11 (9,661 Views)

[ Edited ]

Is it possible to share sound of computer along with screen, while wearing headphones? (I'm on Mac too)

SmiVan
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 11 (9,374 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling