Right facing arrow in Skype Status Icon.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Right facing arrow in Skype Status Icon.

[ Edited ]

In my contact list I have three showing the right facing arrow in their status icon. "Skype Help" tells me that means that those contacts have set up either "Call Forwarding" or "Voice Mail" on their Skype account. Not the case. I contacted them and asked if they had and all said, "no".

How did these status icons get that way and how do I remove the arrow? The arrow's presence brings those three contacts to the head of my contact list rather than in the alphabetically ordered form that governs the rest of my contact list.

Recent iMac with Skype V 5.3.0.1093 running SL.

RB
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 1 of 9 (24,185 Views)

Re: Right facing arrow in Skype Status Icon.

Anyone with an answer to this? Been posted two weeks and no replies.

RB
Reliable Adventurer
Message 2 of 9 (24,145 Views)

I am having the same thing happen with one of my friends. I've been curious as to what it means. It wasn't always this way.

Could it have to do with a mobile device maybe?

jflory7
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 9 (24,023 Views)

As you can see, the likelihood of getting a Skype person to address the situation is next to nil. 

Skype is arguably the worst I've seen in tending to the questions on this, their own support board. They seem to respond only to the issues raised that they can definitely solve, the other issues do not rate their response. Whether it's "not caring" on their part or "inability" to answer I don't know, but it would be nice to have them say which.

Mac users using Skype are in limbo as to what the future holds for our platform. Skype is severely underfeatured [sic] next to its PC brother and with Microsoft at the helm the future seems dismal.

RB
Reliable Adventurer
Message 4 of 9 (24,012 Views)

I think it means that even though they are offline the call will be forwarded to them at no cost to the caller. When my contact that has that arrow is offline, the arrow also appears in the skyp offline icon.

So maybe the arrow next to their name means something else. I'm not sure.

johntaves
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 9 (23,989 Views)

I suspect this icon means the user is off-line and voice messages will go to their voice mail.
Day-in-the-Bay
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (23,185 Views)

This will answer your question, and any others you might have about Skype Statuses:
https://support.skype.com/en-us/faq/FA3501/What-is-a-status-setting-and-how-do-I-change-it 

wadioskype
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (22,210 Views)

It means they have blocked you,

RB wrote:

In my contact list I have three showing the right facing arrow in their status icon. "Skype Help" tells me that means that those contacts have set up either "Call Forwarding" or "Voice Mail" on their Skype account. Not the case. I contacted them and asked if they had and all said, "no".

How did these status icons get that way and how do I remove the arrow? The arrow's presence brings those three contacts to the head of my contact list rather than in the alphabetically ordered form that governs the rest of my contact list.

RB wrote:

-

RB wrote:

minecraftplayer
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (13,069 Views)

That happens when my boyfriends on his xbox one; his icon will appear as that.

daeyang
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (5,874 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling