Poor video quality

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Poor video quality

I have installed Skype 2.2.0.35 on OpenSuse 11.4 and everything works well except video.

I can have a nice preview video in "Options" settings but the transmitted picture (seen by other party) is very ugly. I tried with several parties allways having an internet bandwidth over 4Mbits/s for both sides. Running "Top" I can see a big load from skype which make me think about a lack of processing power for the video codec. In this case is there a way to reduce the frame rate in order to increase picture quality ?

JF-Bogaerts
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (695 Views)

Re: Poor video quality

The same problem with the same OpenSuse version and Skype version. Probably it can help you
http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Skype.
Section "Using high resolution with webcam" I played with all parameters(Height, Width, Fps). It doesn't work for me. Good luck.
olko
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (386 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling