Pending Instant Messages

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Pending Instant Messages

[ Edited ]

I need help. I am using Mac and using Skype 5.3. I am sending instant messages to one contact on my list I can see is online by the green icon, but all my messages to this contact remains "pending". All my other contacts works fine and messages display the time they were sent. Did this contact somehow stop my messages? without blocking me since I can see the contact is online. All answers are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

katarina61
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 35 (61,043 Views)

Re: Pending Instant Messages

Could someone please help?
katarina61
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 35 (60,929 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes, two possibilities:

- the Contact blocks you

Please verify from the Contact either by phone or by email as no one in this Support can actually tell you what that Contact has done.

Cheers!

liberlike
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 35 (60,917 Views)

http://community.skype.com/t5/Mac/pending-message-problem-pls-help/td-p/113920

On ne regarde pas l'avenir dans un rétroviseur ! :wink:
IMac Intel Core i3 3.2 GHz - RAM 12 GB - OS 10.9.4
Skype 6.19.0.442
Logitech usb headset or Jabra 250 bt
Foyan
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1099
Message 4 of 35 (60,914 Views)

Can someone help me with this problem please?

I was talking to a friend yesterday using IM on skype, after a while it suddenly started to show "pending" next to each message I sent. And I couldn't recieve any message anymore.

I tried to have a video call or a voice call, but still nothing worked.

The person was certainly online and didn't block me either, I tried sending messages to other people and I got "pending" again. The problem persists today!

What can I do? I have the newest skype which i updated yesterday. Here's an example of the pending problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks. 

n1121990
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 5 of 35 (52,483 Views)

I've experiencing some problems with my skype.

I'm online and my contact is online as well. However, when I send IMs to my contact it shows as pending.

I know I'm not blocked by my contact.

HELP!

funkie623monkie
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 35 (51,807 Views)

I'm using the latest version of skype 6.2.0.1117
funkie623monkie
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 35 (51,806 Views)

Same here, latest version on Mac.  Everyone is offline, all messages stay pending.  

What's the deal?

lushdog
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 35 (50,741 Views)

NVM i'm a numbskull, i was set to offline.  Not sure I remember when I did that though :sad:

lushdog
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 35 (50,737 Views)

I've had the same problem with one particular contact for a very long time. I can see she's online, but if I send a message it just says pending and never goes through. In other threads people have suggested this means the contact blocked or deleted you - I know she hasn't deleted me because if she had, her status would say "pending contact request," and if she had blocked me she would appear as offline.

This is pretty dang irritating, especially since this has been such a widespread problem for so long. Have the devs even addressed this at all?

admdelta
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 35 (50,121 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling