20-03-2012 11:58 - last edited on 01-05-2013 20:48 by LiamB
When I login from my (work) Macbook into my skype account with Skype (18.104.22.168) my online contacts don't show up while on my (home) Macbook (and home network) there is no problem and online users show up!!
I did the following to try and solve the problem:
- Updated Home and work laptop to the latest versions (Mac 10.6.8 and Skype 22.214.171.124)
- Deleted the shared.xml file (multiple times)
- deleted Skype and all skype related files and reinstalled Skype (multiple times)
- did a full system check with Cocktail and Onyx
- setup a different user account on my (work) macbook try to login and same problem
- tried login in to my skype user account from a co worker macbook (same problem no online contacts)
- tried login in under a different Skype username on my (work) macbook and that worked fine (online users came up!!)
- I have admin rights on all macbooks
For me it looks like something is wrong with my Skype user account (but it still works fine from home) because from work I can login fine with another Skype user account.
I am at the end of my testing so maybe somebody else has had the same issue and found a solution.
Please let me know I am depending on Skype at work ;((
Solved! Go to Solution.
Did you check your Skype status for being sure that "Online" is selected ?
Btw, latest Skype for Mac OS is 126.96.36.199 version atm.
You might try the following :
1 - Quit Skype
2 - Go to Home~/Library/Application Support/Skype
3 - Rename <YourSkypeName> folder to <YourSkypeName>_OLD
4 - Launch Skype again.
Did it but no luck.
Like I said in my first post I did all the testing with deleting different parts and even all parts of Skype (even the plist file etc.) and reinstaling multiple times.
When login in with a different username on this computer it works, when login in with my username on another computer in this network it also doesn't work but with a different username it works also on that computer. When login in on my home computer at home I can login.
I did already a rather thorough testing so simply deleting folders and files as a passed station for me.
Thanks for the input
For anyone interested I maybe found a solution:
On my macbook where the online contacts did not show up I setup a new VPN connection to a different location and let all the traffic go through the VPN connection.
When starting Skype my contacts came up online again.
I stopped Skype disconnected the VPN and started Skype again through my own network and Skype kept on working.
At last but I don't know if this works for the solution I changed my port number to somewhere in the 12.xxx range (was 48.xxx to 55.xxx range)